Created attachment 316993 [details]
Fix for sdl & opengl use flag problem
games-fps/qudos fail to build if use flags set to '-opengl sdl' or 'opengl -sdl'
1) ebuild don't touch BUILD_SDL flag. Because by default BUILD_SDL=YES sources unconditionally depend on libsdl. BUILD_SDL should depend on sdl use flag.
2) BUILD_SDLGL depends only on sdl use flag but should depend on both sdl & opengl
Attached fix is based on games-fps/quake2-icculus
I was recently checking out qudos myself and came across this bug. Few observations:
* Emerging the in-tree version with USE="-sdl opengl" works fine for me
* Emerging with with USE="-opengl sdl" will compile, but it fails to run with this error message:
======== Video Initialization ========
------- Loading ref_q2glx.so -------
LoadLibrary("ref_q2glx.so") failed: No such file or directory
Trying to load default, restarting video...
* Emerging Raimonds' patched version results in the same behavior for both scenarios.
* Removing the -j1 option from emake results in a MUCH faster emerge (as would be generally expected) that still builds and runs perfectly fine. I think this is a legacy workaround that can probably be removed now.
Not sure why I get different behavior than Raimond regarding the opengl and sdl stuff. I'm on amd64, if that matters. May be worth getting a third opinion. :-)
I forgot to mention: respective libraries must be uninstalled
"-opengl" == uninstalled mesa library
"-sdl" == uninstalled sdl library
should be better now.