I have a custom PORTDIR in my /etc/make.conf.
# g-ctan -u l3kernel
* Updating ebuild for g-ctan/l3kernel ...
* You have insufficient permissions to access /usr/portage/distfiles or it does not exist.
* Please create it or check the permissions, some path definitions can be altered
* through the /etc/g-ctan/g-ctan.conf file.
* This program should be run as root in most environments.
Indeed /usr/portage/distfiles doesn't exist. However a symlink to the correct location solves the problem... It looks like g-ctan doesn't take into account the PORTDIR variable; if that's not possible, a specific configuration option should be provided.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure a non-standard PORTDIR in /etc/make.conf
2. run 'g-ctan -u'
g-ctan doesn't found the portage directory.
g-ctan looks into PORTDIR to get the portage directory.
Please provide the installed version of g-ctan by commenting
`emerge -pv g-ctan`, thanks.
The package has been removed.