It started with pam_blue failing to parse its configuration when I entered a username with dashes in it. Problem turned out to be yet-another-non-comprehensive-regex. Patch attached, upstream notified, although at another e-mail address since 0xdef.net seems to be deadpooled.
Created attachment 309731 [details, diff]
So to be clear, this is a locale issue, where [a-z] doesn't match all the way to the end of the alphabet.
Leho did you ever get a response from upstream? I'd like to fix this and another bug I found with pam_blue, but not going to bother unless there is a working upstream.
No I didn't. I think this project is dead or in need of adoption. I have not been using it lately because there were a few other pam chain reliability issues, which I didn't have time to go into i.e. made the login process too finicky.
I would still have use for bluetooth-based login, though..
Maybe we should treeclean this finally. Upstream is dead for ages and this doesn't look to work with bluez-5
No objections. I never ended up using it, because too broken, although the idea is nice.
should be all set now in the tree; thanks for the report!
Commit message: Fix username locale matching issues