Created attachment 290217 [details]
Hi, there exists GPL-2 sources for wrappers: http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_src.html
Created attachment 292791 [details]
Created attachment 292793 [details]
Hi i have changed brother-dcp-7030-drivers-1.ebuild and wrote an
another cupswrapper (GPL-2 =)).
latest version you can find there
Created attachment 292805 [details, diff]
Are you interested in maintaning this driver directly yourself in the new
printer-drivers overlay ?
If yes, just send me via personal e-mail at email@example.com the
following data, so we can give you git push access to the overlay:
* the user name that you'd like to have
* your public ssh key , so we can give you git push access to the overlay
* your e-mail address
* and your full name
If you have a gnupg key, you should sign that e-mail .
Just a few rules:
* Initially, the ebuilds should work for you, and not break
* You enter yourself as maintainer in metadata.xml (together with
the printing herd), and are then automatically cc'ed in bug reports
* We will guide you towards improving the ebuilds over the next
months so they follow the rules and qa guidelines of the Gentoo
main portage tree. In particular this means also using a recent
EAPI (3 or perferably 4), and fixing repoman warnings .
Don't worry, we'll help you with that.
* I hope this is never going to happen, but... ebuilds that "work but
go against the guidelines" and do not see any improvement will be
removed again one year after initial addition.
There are many ways to get help.
* You can directly ask me by personal e-mail (my time is limited,
but I'll try),
* you can ask on freenode, channel #gentoo-dev-help,
* you can read the documentation (ebuild howto , devmanual ),