Created attachment 277119 [details]
Attached you will find an ebuild I have written for uMurmur 0.2.7, which is a minimalistic server for Mumble (a voicechat program), which unlike the official Mumble server program (Murmur) does not have hefty dependencies like Qt, and is suitable for running on small systems (it even runs on routers with OpenWRT). More information can be found at http://code.google.com/p/umurmur/
I have added init.d/conf.d files and a slightly adjusted configuration file for dropping priveleges that I'll attach as well. I've only personally tested this ebuild on ~amd64/amd64.
This package depends on 'dev-libs/protobuf-c', (C bindings for dev-libs/protobuf) which is not available in portage yet. I have an ebuild for this as well (based on an ebuild from user/benf on git.overlays.gentoo.org) that I will submit seperately and link to from here, I hope that's okay
This is the first ebuild I've written from scratch (sort of, I looked at the lighttpd and tinyproxy ebuilds for details on how to create a user and add init.d scripts), so I expect I will have gotten a few things wrong.. beware :)
Created attachment 277121 [details]
Created attachment 277123 [details]
Created attachment 277125 [details]
An ebuild for dev-libs/protobuf-c can be found at bug 371775
Comment on attachment 277119 [details]
renamed for umurmur-0.2.8., no changes to ebuild needed
e-build works and would be cool for in the sunrise overlay maybe?
Thanks for reminding me :) Was meaning to try and get this into sunrise, but forgot about it
Created attachment 302715 [details]
Some minor fixes as suggested by hasufell on #gentoo-sunrise, included upstream patch that makes umurmur build again with latest polarssl (1.1.1)
Created attachment 302717 [details, diff]
upstream patch that makes umurmur build with latest polarssl
I added these to my user overlay:
I bumped the ebuild to umurmur version 0.2.10. I also forced PolarSSL ver 1.1.x because ver. 0.14 was forcing the mumble client into 1.1 compatibility mode.
You will also need Benjamin Franzke's user overlay for protobuf-c:
I've backported a couple of fixes from the master branch to my user overlay. You'll need these or umurmur will segfault with OpenSSL or won't even compile with PolarSSL. I've asked upstream for a 0.2.10.1 release.
WHY IS THIS STILL NOT IN MAIN/SUNRISE.
I made some effort to get it in there a long time ago but didn't really get far with it. When I get some time this week(end) I'll see if I can update this ebuild with the fixes mentioned in comments and have another go at it.
Protobuf-c already made it into the tree. Adding that ebuild is no longer necessary.
I had a brief discussion with the upstream maintainer recently:
The upshot is that vanilla 0.2.10 will not work on gentoo stable. I have a couple of patched ebuilds in my user overlay. The only difference between the -r1 and -r2 versions is that the latter is keyworded stable on x86 and amd64. I made this change so I could create an unstable 0.2.11 version that right now is really a source ebuild. It builds the ipv4 branch from upstream as I discussed with the author. They're all here:
I've been running uMurmur on my amd64 system for more than a year now. The only problems I've had were the ones I had to patch for SSL.
0.2.13 is released with Opus support. This makes it a really really interesting piece of software.
This package has earned my interest. I cannot promise anything but when I get some spare time I gonna try to add this to portage.
Thank you for the ebuild and other files. I hope you all didn't already run out of patience...
+*umurmur-0.2.13 (20 Jun 2013)
+ 20 Jun 2013; Lars Wendler <firstname.lastname@example.org> +umurmur-0.2.13.ebuild,
+ +files/umurmur.conf, +files/umurmurd.confd, +files/umurmurd.initd,
+ Initial commit. This fixes bug #371773 reported by Hans Nieser who also
+ contributed various files to the bug.
Thanks for all your work. I converted the ebuild to use EAPI-5, changed the functional user/group to murmur:murmur (media-sound/murmur is already using this so no need for another new user), rewrote the init script and moved the config file to /etc/umurmur.