aMule 2.3.1-RC1 version available in aMule website. Please add it to portage.
Created attachment 274207 [details]
ebuild for amule git
Attached is an ebuild for git.
- updated to >=x11-libs/wxGTK-2.8.12 (which is ~arch)
- added some use flags for configure options: fileview, mmap, plasma, xchat
- _real_ use the upnp flag
- set some defaults to use flags
- removed the deprecated --with-wxbase-config configure option
Created attachment 274213 [details]
ebuild for amule git
- completes the fix for #254758
("+gtk" and "additional calls to eerror")
- need-wxwidgets "base-unicode" instead of "base"
- the EAPI is now quoted
- replace an error with
REQUIRED_USE="|| ( gtk remote daemon )"
I didn't make the modification expected in #258479 neither I dug #146693
Created attachment 275435 [details]
Build log with USE=plasma
It fails to build with USE=plasma. The problem happens on the Install phase, when updating the mime types.
Created attachment 275437 [details]
The correct build log with USE=plasma
Sorry, this one is the correct log.
"/usr/bin/update-mime-database: I don't have write permission on /usr/share/mime. Try rerunning me as root."
So.... I guess you should try ebuild as root.
I should say I don't use kde (I didn't test +plasma).
I added this kde related use-flags mostly to lighten non-kde builds :)
2.3.1 in the tree, i'm renaming this bug as amule-9999 ebuild
*** Bug 512938 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
i can maintain live version as I use it.
Do you want to proxy maintain this? Please take care it looks to have many pending opened bugs and a mostly dead upstream :S
(In reply to Pacho Ramos from comment #9)
> Do you want to proxy maintain this? Please take care it looks to have many
> pending opened bugs and a mostly dead upstream :S
I don't mind, but only live version as latest release was long time ago.
I'll re-write ebuild for amule-9999 and post here.
Is the live version usable enough? Have you think in taking a snapshot of that live version and try to make it replace the current (broken) old versions? Personally, I was thinking that even amule should be treecleaned entirely as that versions have multiple bugs that won't be fixed ever, also, is live version finally able to use wxGTK:3.0?
(In reply to Pacho Ramos from comment #11)
> Is the live version usable enough? Have you think in taking a snapshot of
> that live version and try to make it replace the current (broken) old
> versions? Personally, I was thinking that even amule should be treecleaned
> entirely as that versions have multiple bugs that won't be fixed ever, also,
> is live version finally able to use wxGTK:3.0?
Yes, it's usable, I've been using it for 2 years. I've not thought about snapshots. No bugs ever. I use it with wxGTK:3.0 built with wxwidgets-gtk3.
Then, I guess the idea would be to take a snapshot from a time you know amule works and provide and ebuild for it and, if you want, another one for the live ebuild. That will let us to point people to a "fixed" version (snapshot) that we know to be ok while keeping the live ebuild for people wanting to test latest commits
Perfect Gentleman if you want, to do this, declare your wish to be made a proxy / proxied maintainer and present en ebuild utilising the snapshot.
Created attachment 424706 [details]
Created attachment 424708 [details]
(In reply to Perfect Gentleman from comment #16)
> Created attachment 424708 [details]
This leaves me rather dumbfounded. AN eclass has the most rigorous processes to pass before being accepted via Council. I do not know what to even do with this. other than to say to follow the dev manual and attmept to submit in via the usual processes.
For reference, you can find information about getting eclasses added to the Gentoo portage repository here: https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-writing/index.html
For adding support for gtk3 wxGTK please go to bug #491310
Created attachment 429982 [details]
amule-9999.ebuild modified to be synced with upstream portage
Created attachment 433192 [details]
new ebuild using eclass from portage
Created attachment 433276 [details]
(In reply to Perfect Gentleman from comment #22)
> Created attachment 433276 [details]
Only a few notes:
- You can set a WX_GTK_VER variable at the top of ebuild, behind EAPI for example, to set it to 3.0-gtk3 and, then, not need to repeat it other times in the ebuild (and also ensure all instances are always in sync)
- I would say EGIT_REPO_URI should go before inherit line :/
- If unicode is only relevant when remote is enabled, maybe this could be indented for better reading/understanding of the dep:
remote? ( >=media-libs/libpng-1.2.0:0=
unicode? ( >=media-libs/gd-2.0.26:= ) )
- If you can add a commented line in src_prepare for explaining the changes done with those seds it would be nice to allow other people in the far future to know about them and report the changes to upstream if needed
- Apart of that, once it's ready, it would be nice to get a snapshot ebuild too for trying to push people still using the obsolete/unmaintained 2.3.1 version to that one. The migration to a snapshot known to work would be much better than try to make them migrate to a live ebuild that can "break" at any time because of upstream changes
Thanks a lot
amule was fixed long time ago