See attached build log.
(Please do not complain about the need for looking at the build log until you can provide an easy way to open bugs with the correct data picked out of a tinderbox log. Thanks.)
Created attachment 247201 [details]
Updated the ebuild:
* fixes LDFLAGS issue
* fixes calling gcc directly
* ebuild bump to eapi 4 (please review)
Created attachment 340942 [details]
Sorry, wrong bug...
Created attachment 343116 [details]
Ok, i've now fixed this bug too (please review):
* updated the exiting patch (libmelf-0.4.0-r1-gcc-makefile-cleanup.patch)
* fixes LDFLAGS
Created attachment 343120 [details, diff]
* also fixes AR/RANLIB direct calling
* fixes "QA Notice: The following shared libraries lack a SONAME"
The ebuild is also bumped to eapi 5
tinderbox has reproduced this issue with version 0.4.0-r1 - Updating summary.