See attached build log.
(Please do not complain about the need for looking at the build log until you can provide an easy way to open bugs with the correct data picked out of a tinderbox log. Thanks.)
Created attachment 244879 [details]
Created attachment 246050 [details, diff]
Patch to smp_utils-0.94.ebuild to respect LDFLAGS, and make other improvements
This patch makes the following changes:
- Switch to a single sed that hits all the Makefiles, instead of running sed individually on each one
- Delete CFLAGS and LDFLAGS assignments so that user values are respected. Upstream had assigned LDFLAGS to be empty, triggering the original bug report.
- Add $(CFLAGS) to link lines, to handle any cases where -f options need to be specified at both compile and link phases.
- Switch to builtin rule for compiling .o files. This required moving upstream -I and -D lines into $CPPFLAGS.
- Rework recursive descent so that libsmp.a is not rebuilt during 'make install', since rebuilding it caused Make to then relink one of the outputs.
- Use CHOST-qualified values for CC and AR.
- Use emake for install, since it works fine with MAKEOPTS=-j.
Fixed in 0.96 in CVS.