After upgrading to openssl-1.0.0a I had to re-emerge net-misc/nxserver-freenx
and net-misc/nx. After that I couldn't connect to my remote machine via nxclient.
After many, many tries and googling I've found out that in /etc/nxserver/node.conf the command
# The tool to generate md5sums with
doesn't work anymore. If I replace this with
it works again. This seems to be an older error, see
How nice of them...
Thanks for the report! I've added -r5 to tree which falls back to md5sum, and blocked openssl 1.0 in current stable
(In reply to comment #1)
> How nice of them...
> Thanks for the report! I've added -r5 to tree which falls back to md5sum, and
> blocked openssl 1.0 in current stable
I should have added that
might work but generates different output then before (see the redhat bug report)
Yes it prepends the source file name now, while it behaved like md5sum before
FWIW, with the configuration file you can probably set a command that works ("openssl md5 -r" could work, but only with openssl 1.0), but at least setting back to md5sum makes sure it works for all versions, and does not change a lot