Michal is really active on irc and patch submission among various project.
He shows interest in following areas:
I will be his mentor (quizzes are already prepared).
Also we have one tiny issue. As Michal's email address will expire in end of June due to dns issues he needs some email address, could infra somehow allow him to use gentoo mail subsystem even before he is fully recruited?
He has another personal email but it is not suprising people dont want to use their home mails since we have quite loads of spam on people.
So is the above possible?
(In reply to comment #1)
> Also we have one tiny issue. As Michal's email address will expire in end of
> June due to dns issues he needs some email address, could infra somehow allow
> him to use gentoo mail subsystem even before he is fully recruited?
Free webmails like gmail?
Acked by the x11 team lead (me)
> He has another personal email but it is not suprising people dont want to use
> their home mails since we have quite loads of spam on people.
- I've been using my private address for about 5 years in this bugzilla and hardly ever received spam, except for the usual bugspam ;)
- my gentoo.org adress gets a large amount of spam compared to that
- a gentoo.org mail address is something one earns by finishing the quizzes; it's the trophy of one's success! ;)
Just my 2ct.
We (infra) are not in a position at this time to host mail for non-devs. I suggest any of the free mail providers like gmail, yahoo, msn, hotmail, etc.
Could infra create a temporary mail alias "sedzimir" and add Michał to it?
(In reply to comment #6)
> Could infra create a temporary mail alias "sedzimir" and add Michał to it?
As Mike already wrote, please use a free mail provider.
A mail alias won't help without somewhere to point it to anyway.
Well, the point for adding the alias earlier was that I didn't want to use another e-mail address for short time in the ChangeLog entries. But I guess I could delay committing to Sunrise for a short (or maybe longer) while.
As my old address stopped working already, I've updated the Bugzie to use my old alias.
Changing desired nick by Michal's request.
I have sent the quizzes to email@example.com.
I will be your recruiter. Always add a comment to this bug when you send something to firstname.lastname@example.org. When the quizzes are sent please contact me by IRC or email to schedule the first review session. If you think that recruiters aren't paying attention to this bug at any later point in time, it's your job to ping us on IRC if you don't want any delays.
I have sent the updated ebuild quiz to email@example.com.
I have sent updated quizzes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have sent the updated ebuild quiz and the test ebuild to email@example.com.
What we did:
- cvs/svn/git groups on cvs.gentoo.org
- sent you your LDAP/mail password via encrypted mail
What you need to do:
- subscribe to mailing lists with your @gentoo.org address
- request forum status bump in #gentoo-forums or by mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org (if you have a forums account)
- send yourself mail to check if it works
- add yourself to mail aliases ( like email@example.com )
see /var/mail/alias on dev.gentoo.org
- ask team leads to add yourself to herds.xml for the herds you want to
join or do it yourself if you have the permission to do so
- set lat and lon attributes in LDAP if you want others to know where
exactly you are located
- set gentooIM if you want people to be able to contact you via other
means than email
- If you want your blog to be syndicated to planet.gentoo.org, check
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Foundation membership (optional)
For the mentor:
- You are also responsible for the commits of your recruit during the first
month so you should watch the commits of your recruit via gentoo-commits
Requested and pending:
- IRC cloak
(In reply to comment #17)
> Requested and pending:
> - IRC cloak
done, so everything done, behave well and have fun as Gentoo developer :-)
(In reply to Thomas Sachau from comment #18)
> done, so everything done, behave well [...]
I am sorry to say that didn't happen.