- If this package can be used as a library and installs Python modules
(*.so or *.py) into site-packages directories, then consider supporting
installation for multiple Python versions.
Please read section "Types of packages" in documentation  to decide
if this package can support installation for multiple Python versions.
- Ensure that the ebuilds do not use deprecated functions or variables.
- Please check if Python 3 is supported by this package. You can temporarily
set Python 3 as main active version of Python to properly test if this
package supports Python 3.
- If this package does not support Python 3:
- Specify dependency on Python 2.
You can use PYTHON_DEPEND helper variable, which should be set before
inheriting of python eclass.
Please read section "Specification of dependency on Python" in
- If this package cannot support installation for multiple versions of
Python, then set active version of Python using
- Ensure that shebangs in installed scripts specify correct version of
Python. If shebangs are too generic (e.g. '#!/usr/bin/python'), then you
can use python_convert_shebangs() to convert shebangs.
(Wrapper scripts generated by python_generate_wrapper_scripts() do not
require any changes.)
Please read section "Shebangs in installed scripts" in documentation .
- To ensure that changes applied to the ebuilds are sufficient, please
temporarily set Python 3 as main active version of Python and test if
this package can be properly installed and if it works at run time.
Please see documentation  for more details.
Created attachment 292385 [details]
Tested, left at EAPI 2. all ok
(In reply to comment #1)
This package needs Python 2, and only at build time. Don't set PYTHON_DEPEND.
If new syntax of PYTHON_DEPEND/PYTHON_BDEPEND was available in gentoo-x86, then PYTHON_BDEPEND="doc? ( <<2>> ) test? ( <<2>> )" should be used.
In the meantime, please use:
doc? ( =dev-lang/python-2* )
test? ( =dev-lang/python-2* )"
if use doc || use test; then
Created attachment 293015 [details, diff]
revised ebuild patch
(In reply to comment #3)
This patch is not for unmodified ebuilds.
Created attachment 293849 [details, diff]
revised ebuild patch
Fixed in the new bumped version.