after i finally got sound out of xmms for both root and a none-root user, i
emerged alsa-xmms in order to enhance my sound. After a succesfull emerge, i ran
xmms from the console and it stopped with the message "failed on assert elem && id".
While this might be an assertion problem, it could also be that since my
use-flags contain oss and alsa are causing this.
tried with a terratec dmx xfire "cs46xx-module"
it seems that this "bug" simply resolved into an incorrect loading of
I had cs46xx in my modules.autoload instead of snd-cs46xx. Sorry to bother you
with this one. So i guess this bug is no more.