app-emulation/dosemu-1.4.0 (the latest stable) fails to build. I will try to research further. For now am attaching the build.log and emerge.info.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. emerge =app-emulation/dosemu-1.4.0
* ERROR: app-emulation/dosemu-1.4.0 failed:
* (no error message)
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 54: Called src_compile
* environment, line 3246: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake || die
* If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =app-emulation/dosemu-1.4.0',
* the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =app-emulation/dosemu-1.4.0'.
* The complete build log is located at '/tmp/portage/app-emulation/dosemu-1.4.0/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/tmp/portage/app-emulation/dosemu-1.4.0/temp/environment'.
* S: '/tmp/portage/app-emulation/dosemu-1.4.0/work/dosemu-1.4.0'
The package is built ok.
Created attachment 234801 [details]
emerge -1 --info app-emulation/dosemu >/tmp/emerge.info
Created attachment 234805 [details]
This is infamous issue with open() call with gcc-4.4 which catches it.
The source code contains a BUG. When open(2) is called with the O_CREAT flag, the creation mode MUST be passed. Otherwise, a garbage is used as a creation mode which is potentially an exploitable SECURITY issue.
I will prepare a patch which fixes this problem.
Created attachment 234807 [details, diff]
Patch which fixes a bug which leads to compilation issue with gcc-4.4
This bug has potential security implications.
Created attachment 234809 [details]
A proposed ebuild (need not be -r1)
Only added one epatch line.
adding 1.4.0-r1 and this patch would be pointless, since this is already fixed in 220.127.116.11
closing as invalid because it's already been fixed.
06 Feb 2009; Hanno Boeck <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Patch from upstream svn to fix compilation with gcc 4.3.3.
and going stable wrt bug 301325