- If this package can be used as a library and installs Python modules
(*.so or *.py) into site-packages directories, then consider supporting
installation for multiple Python versions.
Please read section "Types of packages" in documentation  to decide
if this package can support installation for multiple Python versions.
- Ensure that the ebuilds do not use deprecated functions or variables.
- Please check if Python 3 is supported by this package. You can temporarily
set Python 3 as main active version of Python to properly test if this
package supports Python 3.
- If this package does not support Python 3:
- Specify dependency on Python 2.
You can use PYTHON_DEPEND helper variable, which should be set before
inheriting of python eclass.
Please read section "Specification of dependency on Python" in
- If this package cannot support installation for multiple versions of
Python, then set active version of Python using
- Ensure that shebangs in installed scripts specify correct version of
Python. If shebangs are too generic (e.g. '#!/usr/bin/python'), then you
can use python_convert_shebangs() to convert shebangs.
(Wrapper scripts generated by python_generate_wrapper_scripts() do not
require any changes.)
Please read section "Shebangs in installed scripts" in documentation .
- To ensure that changes applied to the ebuilds are sufficient, please
temporarily set Python 3 as main active version of Python and test if
this package can be properly installed and if it works at run time.
Please see documentation  for more details.
Created attachment 233963 [details]
Python script from 2005, only works with Python 2. Tested up to python 2.6.
QA Security Notice:
- /var/cache/denu/new_sysprgms.p will be a world writable file.
- This may or may not be a security problem, most of the time it is one.
- Please double check that denu-2.3.2 really needs a world writeable bit and file bugs accordingly.
Also this error with Python 3 as active;
File "/usr/bin/denu", line 363
wm = string.replace(wm, '.p', '')
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
Created attachment 233965 [details]
It will install with Python 3 set as active version, I forgot to add;
Comment on attachment 233965 [details]
It won't work.
Created attachment 293715 [details, diff]
(In reply to comment #4)
Created attachment 293829 [details, diff]
revised ebuild patch
+*denu-2.3.2-r1 (26 Nov 2011)
+ 26 Nov 2011; Mike Gilbert <firstname.lastname@example.org> +denu-2.3.2-r1.ebuild:
+ Python-related improvements by Ian Delaney. Bug 317005.