- If this package can be used as a library and installs Python modules
(*.so or *.py) into site-packages directories, then consider supporting
installation for multiple Python versions.
Please read section "Types of packages" in documentation  to decide
if this package can support installation for multiple Python versions.
- Ensure that the ebuilds do not use deprecated functions or variables.
- Please check if Python 3 is supported by this package. You can temporarily
set Python 3 as main active version of Python to properly test if this
package supports Python 3.
- If this package does not support Python 3:
- Specify dependency on Python 2.
You can use PYTHON_DEPEND helper variable, which should be set before
inheriting of python eclass.
Please read section "Specification of dependency on Python" in
- If this package cannot support installation for multiple versions of
Python, then set active version of Python using
- Ensure that shebangs in installed scripts specify correct version of
Python. If shebangs are too generic (e.g. '#!/usr/bin/python'), then you
can use python_convert_shebangs() to convert shebangs.
(Wrapper scripts generated by python_generate_wrapper_scripts() do not
require any changes.)
Please read section "Shebangs in installed scripts" in documentation .
- To ensure that changes applied to the ebuilds are sufficient, please
temporarily set Python 3 as main active version of Python and test if
this package can be properly installed and if it works at run time.
Please see documentation  for more details.
Created attachment 292289 [details]
Needs ABI 2.6 2.7.
Tested, all AOK. Usual bump EAPI to 3
* QA Notice: Files built without respecting LDFLAGS have been detected
* Please include the following list of files in your report:
(In reply to comment #1)
Portage itself requires Python >=2.6 and it has no relation to Python version
required by other packages. If you install sys-apps/portage with USE="python3",
then you will be able to set active version of Python 2 to 2.4 or 2.5 and still
use Portage (Portage will use active version of Python 3 regardless of active
version of Python 2).
PYTHON_DEPEND specifies build-time and run-time dependency on Python, but this package has only build-time dependency on Python.
Created attachment 292493 [details, diff]
ebuild patch revised
(In reply to comment #4)
Please re-read comment #3.
Created attachment 292605 [details, diff]
revised ebuild patch
this, I suspect
(In reply to comment #6)
PYTHON_DEPEND specifies build-time and run-time dependency on Python, but this
package has only build-time dependency on Python.
Created attachment 293085 [details, diff]
(In reply to comment #8)
This patch doesn't fix problem mentioned in comment #7 and additionally contains a regression (lack of 'python_set_active_version 2').
python_convert_shebangs() is probably not needed. If any Python scripts were installed, then there should be run-time dependency on Python.
Created attachment 319718 [details, diff]
See also #417701
(In reply to comment #10)
> Created attachment 319718 [details, diff] [details, diff]
simplified and applied, thanks