- If this package can be used as a library and installs Python modules
(*.so or *.py) into site-packages directories, then consider supporting
installation for multiple Python versions.
Please read section "Types of packages" in documentation  to decide
if this package can support installation for multiple Python versions.
- Ensure that the ebuilds do not use deprecated functions or variables.
- Please check if Python 3 is supported by this package. You can temporarily
set Python 3 as main active version of Python to properly test if this
package supports Python 3.
- If this package does not support Python 3:
- Specify dependency on Python 2.
You can use PYTHON_DEPEND helper variable, which should be set before
inheriting of python eclass.
Please read section "Specification of dependency on Python" in
- If this package cannot support installation for multiple versions of
Python, then set active version of Python using
- Ensure that shebangs in installed scripts specify correct version of
Python. If shebangs are too generic (e.g. '#!/usr/bin/python'), then you
can use python_convert_shebangs() to convert shebangs.
(Wrapper scripts generated by python_generate_wrapper_scripts() do not
require any changes.)
Please read section "Shebangs in installed scripts" in documentation .
- To ensure that changes applied to the ebuilds are sufficient, please
temporarily set Python 3 as main active version of Python and test if
this package can be properly installed and if it works at run time.
Please see documentation  for more details.
Created attachment 292611 [details]
correct, ooops vers, 0.17; EAPI="32 ->" EAPI="3"
(In reply to comment #1)
This package doesn't support Python 3.
Created attachment 292833 [details, diff]
(In reply to comment #4)
This patch modifies non-original ebuilds. It fails to apply to original ebuilds from gentoo-x86.
Changes in libftdi-0.17.ebuild are more wrong. Please make patches only for the newest ebuild in each slot.
This package has USE-conditional dependency on Python, so this should be reflected in PYTHON_DEPEND:
if use python; then
Created attachment 292979 [details, diff]
revised ebuild patch
(In reply to comment #6)
This patch is reversed.
Created attachment 293281 [details, diff]
revised ebuild patch
This approach was changed by the -r1 python eclasses