- If this package could support installation for multiple versions of Python,
then please try to adjust the ebuilds to support it.
- Ensure that the ebuilds do not use deprecated functions or variables.
- Please check if Python 3 is supported by this package.
- If this package does not support Python 3:
- Specify dependency on Python 2.
You can use PYTHON_DEPEND helper variable, which should be set before
inheriting of python eclass.
- If this package cannot support installation for multiple versions of
Python, then set active version of Python using
- Ensure that shebangs in installed scripts specify correct version of
Python. If shebangs are too generic (e.g. '#!/usr/bin/python'), then you
can use python_convert_shebangs() to convert shebangs.
(Wrapper scripts generated by python_generate_wrapper_scripts() do not
require any changes.)
Please see documentation  for more details.
Thanks. It might be helpful to put a list like this at the beginning of the documentation; a list of steps to take, or things to check, if your package does and doesn't support multiple versions. I had a little trouble telling if some things i was reading applied to the package I was working on.
- moved PYTHON_DEPEND before inherit.
- call python_set_active_version 2
- fixed shebangs
this package (and any wxpython package for that matter) is not compatible with python-3.