Another victim, err, recruit, is Zorry.
He has been working on a hardened overlay, managing with a few others to get gcc 4.x working where the hardened team stalled.
Also he has been very helpful in providing gcc 4.3/4.4 porting patches and general advice on IRC in #-bugs and #-dev-help.
I'd really like to stop proxy-committing for him :)
I'll also vouch for Magnus, he's always helpful.
I'll vouch for him too. I'd like to stay away from the hardened gcc stuff for now :)
Magnus, I will be your recruiter. Please send your quizzes to email@example.com when approved by your mentor. Always add a comment to this bug when you send something to that address. When the quizzes are sent please contact me by IRC or email to schedule the first review session.
Have started to do the quiz but it will take some time.
Any news here?
Working on the quizzes and it need some more work before i can mail them to you.
Working on updating the quizzes with the feedback i got from my mentors.
Quizzes sent to recruiters@ for review.
Ebuild quiz review done.
Have send a updated ebuild-quiz and the end-quiz that i did't send last time.
As Tobias is busy moving to myself. Next session scheduled for 2010-02-15 at 19UTC.
Ok all quizzes now reviewed. It shows that zorry is not ebuild oriented but I don't think it will be a problem when mainly working on hardened toolchain and patches related to that.
What we did:
- cvs/svn/git groups on cvs.gentoo.org
- sent you your LDAP/mail password via encrypted mail
What you need to do:
- subscribe to mailing lists with @gentoo.org address
- request forum status bump in #gentoo-forums or by mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org (if you have a forums count)
- send yourself mail to create .maildir
- add yourself to mail aliases ( like email@example.com )
see /var/mail/alias on dev.gentoo.org
- ask team leads to add yourself to herds.xml for the herds you want to
join or do it yourself if you have the permission to do so
- set lat and lon attributes in LDAP if you want others to know where
exactly you are located
- set gentooIM if you want people to be able to contact you via other
means than email
- If you want a blog on blogs.gentoo.org, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact email@example.com for Foundation membership (optional)
For the mentor:
- You are also responsible for the commits of your recruit during the first
month so you should watch the commits of your recruit via gentoo-commits
(In reply to comment #12)
> - IRC-cloak
> - announcement
> - gentoo-core
He looks inactive
- Handling with him the projects he is still a member of
First mail sent.
Second mail sent.
Zorry has replied today and made a commit.
Ok, got an update where to look for commits.