+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #263464 +++
I get a grep error with genkernel when configure a brand new kernel:
* Gentoo Linux Genkernel; Version 184.108.40.2064
* Running with options: --slowusb --lvm
grep: /usr/src/linux/.config: No such file or directory
* Linux Kernel 2.6.28-hardened-r4 for x86...
* kernel: >> Running mrproper...
Steps to Reproduce:
1. emerge a new kernel
2. emerge =sys-kernel/genkernel-220.127.116.114
3. run genkernel --menuconfig all
and see it error as there is no /usr/src/linux/.config file available.
oops, forgot to change the subject line as this is for genkernel-18.104.22.1684
1. please attach your /etc/genkernel.conf file.
2. Does genkernel stop after the mrproper line, or does it continue?
Created attachment 192836 [details]
genkernel.conf in use.
This file is the default genkernel.conf file that you get with a fresh install of genkernel on a fresh system. I've not edited it.
You didn't answer question #2.
(In reply to comment #4)
> You didn't answer question #2.
oops, sorry :-(
Genkernel works fine, it just shows up an error when /usr/src/linux/.config is not there
I've noticed that this package has just gone stable... even with this open bug!
Such a shame as now everyone will see the bug and maybe report it too ;-)
It's a harmless "error". The stabilization was necessary for 2.6.29 to go stable on sparc.
*** Bug 263464 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
There's a fix now on the experimental branch exposed by genkernel-99999 (five nines):
Please report back if it works for you.
If I do not hear anything in two weeks, I may close this bug.