>>> Emerging (1 of 10) net-print/cups-1.3.9-r1
* cups-1.3.9-source.tar.bz2 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking ebuild checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking auxfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking miscfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* In order to have cups working with avahi zeroconf support, you need
* to have net-dns/avahi emerged with "mdnsresponder-compat" in your USE
* flag. Please add that flag, re-emerge avahi, and then emerge cups again.
# grep avahi /etc/portage/package.use
and I just reemerged avahi before emerging cups
Try with something more relevant than grep, like i.e.
'emerge -1pv avahi'.
Probably user error, failed to re-emerge avahi after changing use flags. Re-open if appropriate.
# emerge -1pv avahi
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] net-dns/avahi-0.6.24 USE="dbus doc gdbm gtk ipv6 python qt3 qt4 -autoipd -bookmarks -howl-compat -mdnsresponder-compat -mono -test" 0 kB
Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
Why is it ignoring my package.use file ?
(In reply to comment #0)
> # grep avahi /etc/portage/package.use
Replace the colons with spaces.
Ok it was just that, thank you