Opera 9.61 for Linux Changelog
Opera 9.61 is a recommended security upgrade. Please see the Security section.
Opera 9.61 incorporates the Opera Presto 2.1.1 user agent engine.
Changes since Opera 9.6
* Fixed an issue with Opera Link which could generate duplicate bookmarks during the synchronization process
* The image toggle button on the status bar is now a normal button, and does not have a menu
* Fixed an issue where History Search could be used to reveal browsing history, as reported by Roberto Suggi Liverani of Security-Assessment.com; see our advisory
* Fast Forward can no longer allow cross-site scripting, as reported by David Bloom; see our advisory
* Prevented news feed preview from revealing the contents of unrelated news feeds, as reported by David Bloom; see our advisory
jer is currently .away, i wonder if someone else wants to bump.
Created attachment 169368 [details]
opera 9.61 ebuild first stab
had to remove x86-fbsd (hasn't hit mirrors yet?)
*** Bug 243182 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 169450 [details]
updated opera 9.61 ebuild
readded keywords, fbsd link
tested working on x86,
is there a reason why gentoo/freebsd users use the freebsd 5/opera build when there's a freebsd 7/opera build available?
CVE-2008-4696 History Search infoleak by insufficient escaping
CVE-2008-4697 Fast Forward XSS
CVE-2008-4698 improper script blocking for unrelated news feeds
(In reply to comment #4)
> Created an attachment (id=169450) 
> updated opera 9.61 ebuild
Bumped, thank you. I will wait a day to add arches to see if anything problematic comes up.
Arches, please test and mark stable:
Target keywords : "amd64 ppc x86"
(In reply to comment #5)
> tested working on x86,
> is there a reason why gentoo/freebsd users use the freebsd 5/opera build when
> there's a freebsd 7/opera build available?
It's a good question, but please file a separate bug to figure that out.
@ppc: Please focus on bug #244980 now, so that opera-9.61 can be removed from the tree as well as opera-9.60.
(In reply to comment #13)
> @ppc: Please focus on bug #244980 now, so that opera-9.61 can be removed from
> the tree as well as opera-9.60.
9.62 is stable for ppc, un'ccing
GLSA together with bug 244980.
GLSA 200811-01, thanks everyone and sorry about the delay.