* ERROR: sys-cluster/mpich-1.2.7_p1 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_unpack
* environment, line 2583: Called eautoreconf
* environment, line 844: Called eautoconf
* environment, line 787: Called autotools_run_tool 'autoconf'
* environment, line 332: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "Failed Running $1 !";
* The die message:
* Failed Running autoconf !
Steps to Reproduce:
1.emerge -av mpich
***** autoconf *****
configure.in:140: error: AC_SUBST: `$CC' is not a valid shell variable name
configure.in:140: the top level
autom4te-2.62: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
Created attachment 160842 [details]
Created attachment 160844 [details]
Oh, and please do attach your `emerge --info' as well.
Created attachment 160888 [details]
I'm not authorized to chage the status, so I'll simply put this in a comment:
Pretty sure this is a duplicate of Bug 154438.
The suggested change to the ebuild mentioned there solved this problem for me.
No it doesn't seem to be a duplicate; by the way forcing autoconf 2.13 here is not the solution since there _is_ a bug in that configure.in file.
method provided by Bug 154438 does fix the problem.
You just use your autoconf and autoheader version provided by your system.
sys-cluster/mpich is gone.