Rather a trivial bug, but I noticed that the "convert_smbpasswd" script (part of
net-fs/samba) uses nawk to convert the password file. I don't even think that
there's an ebuild for nawk - we use gawk, ne? Thought maybe we should sed it to
use 'awk' or 'gawk', just so's it works.
I see that the app-text/noweb package makes a symlink from awk to nawk (or vice versa, depending on how you view symlinks). It just seems a little silly to me. "awk" should be a virtual. However, as I said, it's a trivial bug. Maybe I should find a real project to put my time into.
i didnt even think anybody actuall used that script anymore. heh.
i hope you dont mind, but im not going to spend time on this, you're
the only person in like 2 years that's ever peeped up about it. i've
never patched it. by the looks of things, it appears that you dont
maybe you just wanted to complain or something. well, ok, hope
you feel better now.