I just want to use this stuff, not edit conf files and tweak endless flags...
If PyOpenGL doesn't use tk anymore, then let it either ignore it being there, or take the tk flag out of whatever ebuild file has it that shouldn't.
Steps to Reproduce:
emerge gimp, for example.
>>> Emerging (2 of 8) dev-python/pyopengl-126.96.36.199 to /
* PyOpenGL-188.8.131.52.tar.gz RMD160 ;-) ... [ ok ]
* PyOpenGL-184.108.40.206.tar.gz SHA1 ;-) ... [ ok ]
* PyOpenGL-220.127.116.11.tar.gz SHA256 ;-) ... [ ok ]
* PyOpenGL-18.104.22.168.tar.gz size ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking ebuild checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking auxfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking miscfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking PyOpenGL-22.214.171.124.tar.gz ;-) ... [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking PyOpenGL-126.96.36.199.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pyopengl-188.8.131.52/work
* Applying config.diff ... [ ok ]
* Applying pyopengl-184.108.40.206-fix_togl.patch ... [ ok ]
!!! ERROR: dev-python/pyopengl-220.127.116.11 failed.
ebuild.sh, line 1638: Called dyn_unpack
ebuild.sh, line 763: Called qa_call 'src_unpack'
ebuild.sh, line 44: Called src_unpack
pyopengl-18.104.22.168.ebuild, line 33: Called built_with_use 'dev-lang/python' 'tk'
eutils.eclass, line 1712: Called die
!!! dev-lang/python-2.4.3-r1 does not actually support the tk USE flag!
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
!!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pyopengl-22.214.171.124/temp/build.log'.
It should "just work"
Yes, this is probably a duplicat bug of others -- But it's STILL there, in today's attempt to get gimp:
emerge portage; emerge --sync; emerge gimp
I want to use gimp.
I've never been a fan of Python or tk.
When Python and tk conspire to keep me from using gimp, I like them even less.
Unhappy user is the net result.
About time to upgrade your python
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 147809 ***