This bug was filled for the new funionfs-0.4.2 ebuild I submitted un gentoo-sunrise. Ebuild follow.
Created attachment 99858 [details]
A new supposed to be functionnal ebuild for a unionfs in userspace using FUSE.
Created attachment 99859 [details]
When will the time come I will make a perfect ebuild at the first submit, this one should be okay for inclusion.
See bug 143026 for a better implementation of unionfs using FUSE.
(this is an automated message based on filtering criteria that matched this bug)
'EBUILD' is in the KEYWORDS which should mean that there is a ebuild attached
to this bug.
This bug is assigned to maintainer-wanted which means that it is not in the
Heuristics show that no Gentoo developer has commented on your ebuild.
Hello, The Gentoo Team would like to firstly thank you for your ebuild
submission. We also apologize for not being able to accommodate you in a timely
manner. There are simply too many new packages.
Allow me to use this opportunity to introduce you to Gentoo Sunrise. The
sunrise overlay is a overlay for Gentoo which we allow trusted users to
commit to and all users can have ebuilds reviewed by Gentoo devs for entry
into the overlay. So, the sunrise team is suggesting that you look into this
and submit your ebuild to the overlay where even *you* can commit to. =)
Because this is a mass message, we are also asking you to be patient with us.
We anticipate a large number of requests in a short time.
On behalf of the Gentoo Sunrise Team,
Created attachment 212685 [details]
David, have you considered committing to sunrise yourself? It's not too hard.
I have two pointers for you on that one:
- Channel #gentoo-sunrise on Freenode IRC
Updating the bug to denote funionfs is in Sunrise. However, I'd personally be happy to remove it in favour of unionfs-fuse (it's very buggy, and now users have to guess which one works better).
It seems that at least one ebuild related to this bug exists in the Sunrise overlay at the moment. However, I have to regretfully announce that after a long inactivity period the Sunrise project has been discontinued and the related overlay will be eventually removed. For this reason, I'd like to ask you to reevaluate the ebuilds and consider moving them. If you'd like to maintain a package from Sunrise in Gentoo, please take a look at our Proxy Maintainers  project.
Please make sure to take ebuilds from the unreviewed developer Sunrise repository  rather than the -reviewed one, since the latter has not been updated for over a year. While at it, please note that:
1. Adding a package to Gentoo requires declaring yourself as an active maintainer for it. All bugs regarding the package will be assigned to you, and you will be expected to maintain it.
2. Some packages may not be suitable for addition anymore. While there's no strong rules that would prevent you from adding a package, it may be a bad idea to add old-unmaintained packages that will shortly result in a large number of bugs reported with no solution. If that is the case, please close the bug as RESOLVED/OBSOLETE to make it easier to find packages worth adding.
3. Some of the bugs were already closed as WONTFIX/OBSOLETE/... while the relevant ebuild was kept in Sunrise. If you disagree with the original decision, you still can add the ebuild via proxy-maint.
4. Pleaes note that many of the Sunrise ebuilds are old and may be buggy. If you decide to move them, please make sure to update/clean them up. The proxy-maint team will also review your ebuilds, therefore making sure they land in Gentoo in good quality.
Once again, thank you for your contribution. We hope that you will still want to contribute to Gentoo, through proxy-maint or otherwise.