Hi, there's an ebuild that installs enhanced OGG music files (taken from Sycraft.org) for Vavoom ( vavoom ebuild is in http://bugs.gentoo.org/132055 )
This ebuils is quite complex, because data files are packed in an unfriendly way:
- Doom1-Doom2-TNT are NSIS self-extracting executables, which contains a .pk3 file, which contains the needed .ogg
- Heretic-Hexen are ZIP archives, which contains another ZIP, which contains the needed .ogg ... ( argh... :P )
USE flags (doom1, doom2, tnt, heretic, hexen) permit a "granular" installation of desidered music.
Created attachment 97584 [details]
ebuild for games-fps/vavoom-music
Created attachment 97699 [details]
added missing prepgamesdirs in src_install()
Created attachment 98151 [details]
Fixed Vavoom music naming scheme (see here: http://vavoom-engine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=872 ) : added required symlinks for Doom1/Doom2 music
Created attachment 101474 [details]
Created attachment 101476 [details]
Changed function name to "use_none".
Created attachment 104930 [details]
New version for this ebuild, that now uses the recently released packages in Vavoom SourceForge Projects Page ( http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=32050&package_id=215854 ) Music file are now stored in PK3 archives 8)
Changed also the version number (using the same of Vavoom packages)
Created attachment 104952 [details]
Changed conditional SRC_URI behaviour: TNT doesn't need Doom 1 soundtrack
This is now in the sunrise overlay. You can find it at:
Created attachment 123331 [details]
Fixed docs installation way (previous one was broken)
It seems that at least one ebuild related to this bug exists in the Sunrise overlay at the moment. However, I have to regretfully announce that after a long inactivity period the Sunrise project has been discontinued and the related overlay will be eventually removed. For this reason, I'd like to ask you to reevaluate the ebuilds and consider moving them. If you'd like to maintain a package from Sunrise in Gentoo, please take a look at our Proxy Maintainers  project.
Please make sure to take ebuilds from the unreviewed developer Sunrise repository  rather than the -reviewed one, since the latter has not been updated for over a year. While at it, please note that:
1. Adding a package to Gentoo requires declaring yourself as an active maintainer for it. All bugs regarding the package will be assigned to you, and you will be expected to maintain it.
2. Some packages may not be suitable for addition anymore. While there's no strong rules that would prevent you from adding a package, it may be a bad idea to add old-unmaintained packages that will shortly result in a large number of bugs reported with no solution. If that is the case, please close the bug as RESOLVED/OBSOLETE to make it easier to find packages worth adding.
3. Some of the bugs were already closed as WONTFIX/OBSOLETE/... while the relevant ebuild was kept in Sunrise. If you disagree with the original decision, you still can add the ebuild via proxy-maint.
4. Pleaes note that many of the Sunrise ebuilds are old and may be buggy. If you decide to move them, please make sure to update/clean them up. The proxy-maint team will also review your ebuilds, therefore making sure they land in Gentoo in good quality.
Once again, thank you for your contribution. We hope that you will still want to contribute to Gentoo, through proxy-maint or otherwise.