This patch will enable ASS (Advance Sub Station Alpha) subtitles in mplayer, I woud like to see this in portage.
The patch is posted on email@example.com
Created attachment 89250 [details]
Slated to be merged in short time, you'll get it in the next mplayer snapshot (that's more or less due few weeks)
Some useful information while I'm at it:
- Do not attach anything in binary form on bugzilla
- patches uncompressed are handled quite nicely by bugzie
- Gentoo usually tries to work closely with upstream
- If is something on the developer ml/bts
(and is mplayer or ffmpeg or xine in particular)
-- We know about it already
-- Probably it will be provided quite soon in the next snapshot
- If isn't and isn't gentoo specific
-- We'll ask to post it on the upstream ml/bts
-- We'll try to push it upstream asap if is something important/useful
That said, thank you for you input, I hope to provide an ebuild for advanced subtitles, dvdnav and enca within the limit of tolerable (weeks, not months).