Since the current xawtv-version has some problems with current X and/or nvidia-drivers (overlay and grabdisplay-method don't work, don't know why) I tried to install xawtv4.0. This works yust fine and the GUI looks much cleaner. So I decided to write an ebuild.
* fbtv is not built or installed (seems like 'make' does not do this anymore...and 'make console/fbtv' throws an error)
* The SRC_URI is hardcoded (ugly)
* Ebuild is a copy of the old 3.95-r1-ebuild, perhaps some old things are existing that need to be deleted
* Deps not finished (don't know whats needed for mpeg- and dvb-USE-flag)
* Ugly copy of install-sh (from automake)...like what was used in included autogen.sh (hey, it works!)
* Not very well tested (but seems working)
Changes from 3.95-r1-ebuild:
* commented all patching-stuff (not needed anymore/outdated?)
* added new USE-flags: mpeg, mad, arty, dvb
Created attachment 88590 [details]
Unless someone else is going to take care of this, I would wait for its official release, instead of an unsupported snapshot.
Btw, _p is higher than release, so you probably want _pre instead.
David, have you tried the latest snapshot?
Sorry, no. I switched my tv application because xawtv semms to be pretty dead. Perhaps tvtime is the right choice for you, too....
please close, bug #358013 is more recent
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 358013 ***