Essentially the bmp-itouch pkg ported to audacious, I'll post an ebuild, but I'm not completely sure if it is the right one.
The problem is that in fact this is the same pkg as bmp-itouch with changed configure-scripts, but there is a missing po/Makefile.in, which exists in bmp-itouch.
There is po/Makefile.in.in - that's why I've added po/Makefile.in to the configure.ac and eautoreconf to the original bmp-itouch build and it works, but as I said I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do.
Without the changes the configure will die, because of the missing po/Makefile.in.
Created attachment 80649 [details, diff]
Created attachment 80650 [details]
and the ebuild
Works just fine (with patch) on AMD64. Thanks for the ebuild. :)
~~ Andrew D.
Works fine here as well (x86_32).
Plugin has some stability problems (it just closes along with audacious after clicking ok in its settings window).
(In reply to comment #4)
> Works fine here as well (x86_32).
> Plugin has some stability problems (it just closes along with audacious after
> clicking ok in its settings window).
well, I should have said it earlier, but as I used the itouch-plugins for a long time, thought that everybody have already experienced this.
for me neither xmms-itouch, bmp-itouch nor audacious-itouch worked in gnome, all other de, wm, which i have tested do not have this problem.
*** Bug 129610 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to comment #5)
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > Works fine here as well (x86_32).
> > Plugin has some stability problems (it just closes along with audacious after
> > clicking ok in its settings window).
> well, I should have said it earlier, but as I used the itouch-plugins for a
> long time, thought that everybody have already experienced this.
> for me neither xmms-itouch, bmp-itouch nor audacious-itouch worked in gnome,
> all other de, wm, which i have tested do not have this problem.
I'm not entirely sure that this works with the new audacious-1.0.0-r1 ebuild (I use Fluxbox, so your Gnome issue shouldn't be a prob). It's crashing for me every time I enable it with the new audacious. Gergan, what version of Audacious do you run?
~~ Andrew D.
Well I'm running audacious from svn and don't have any problems, the other thing is that I use xfce4. I thought that the problem is predominantly with gnome as mediakey-deamon or whatever is this called in gnome, somehow conflicts with this plug-in, but as you say that you are using fluxbox - it looks like the problem is somewhere else...
request bumped again
(In reply to comment #10)
> request bumped again
Please stop wasting time by replying to a bug when you have nothing to say. This is counterproductive.
Note that this package currently stands no change of getting merged as it is incorrectly packaged (it doesn't compile without help, this is an upstream problem) and is unstable in Gnome, which I happen to use.
I think this could be resolved as wontfix or invalid as it does not work with the current svn and will not work in future as some of the API it uses is marked as bad (or was this way some time ago, I just forgot to comment).
Created attachment 112048 [details]
Here's somebody else's attempt at the same thing. This one compiles without modification and is running fine for me on amd64 and Gnome.
I have been running it with Audacious 1.3 and put in a DEPEND for that, but the README says any 1.x.
The link no longer points at a download page.
I believe this plugin to be discontinued.