Problems in /etc/init.d/aolserver:
1) '-g web' --> No web group. I think this should be '-g aolserver' (works for me)
2) I had to add '-b X.X.X.X:80 X.X.X.X:443' (substituting my IP address) or aolserver wouldn't bind to the
3) After an unsuccessful '/etc/init.d/aolserver start' (fatal error at startup due to configuration, nsd
process dies), a subsequent start command reports aolserver is running, though no nsd processes are
4) After a successful start, '/etc/init.d/aolserver stop' reports "No process in pidfile `/var/run/
aolserver/aolserver.pid' found running; none killed.", yet the pidfile has the correct PID and appears to
have correct permissions (-rw-r--r-- 1 aolserver aolserver 6 Oct 3 15:24 server1.pid)
'start' does work if I make the modifications above.
1) The ebuild did not create the log file directory as specified in the default config. "mkdir /var/log/
aolserver && chown root:aolserver /var/log/aolserver && chmod 770 /var/log/aolserver" worked for
Steps to Reproduce:
nsperm files appear to be in the wrong place. The default location that the ebuild sets up is:
However, even when nsperm.so loads successfully, it doesn't find the perms files in the above location.
I'm not sure exactly where it looks, but when I pulled over this line from my config on an old RH server:
...then I was able (by painful trial-and-error) to get my perms files to be read if I placed them in:
...which I assume means that aolserver is looking in /usr/lib/aolserver for nsperm, and not in
I am currently without a development machine and as such am unable to fix this
bug. It shouldn't be too long before I'm back in action though.
Re-assign wrt Bug 26349. If you pick this up, remove port001 from metadata.xml.
I tried working on version 4.5.0 and it's a huge POS.
It ships with a tcl-based build system; however none of the build scripts are executable and none have #!/usr/bin/tclsh at the top so they all fail. Even after fixing that problem the program fails to build for me. I can't imagine how other 'releases' must work.
I say punt 'er unless someone else has time to look at it.
(In reply to comment #4)
> it's a huge POS.
(In reply to comment #4)
> I tried working on version 4.5.0 and it's a huge POS.
Er, but the bug I filed was for 4.0.10. It really should be fixed. The fact that version 4.5.0 is a POS is even more reason to fix the 4.0.10 ebuild.
I wish I never migrated from 3.5x, though. That was the last truly stable version.
# Raúl Porcel <email@example.com> (8 Mar 2007)
# P.masking for treecleaners, pending removal in 60 days
# That is, 8 May 2007
# www-servers/aolserver and its rdeps -> bug 108022
# app-emulation/tiger -> bug 110298
# sys-apps/evkeyd -> bug 115407
# media-libs/libuta -> bug 117665
# net-misc/cipe -> bug 137329
# app-text/biblestudy -> bug 164144