I cannot boot Gentoo Linux at all since the kernel does not detect all of the
features of my CPU.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Memory 512 MB
2. Hard disk configured as SCSI 0:0.
3. CD-ROM configured as IDE 0:0.
4. Floppy using drive A:.
5. Ethernet bridged.
6. USB Controller present.
7. Audio default adapter.
8. Parallel using port LPT1.
9. Serial using port COM1.
1. Configured CD-ROM device to use ISO image.
2. Booted VMware Workstation 5.0.
Your CPU does not support long mode, Use a 32bit distribution.
I expected to be able to boot like I already can in other x86_64 based Linux
AMD Athlon64 3000+
(In reply to comment #0)
> Expected Results:
> I expected to be able to boot like I already can in other x86_64 based Linux
I don't know what exactly you "can do in other x86_64 based Linux distributions"
but VMware WS5 does not support 64bit *guest* operating systems.