Since 2005-07-11 I get the message "uncompressed verification failed" when running emerge-delta-webrsync.
Created attachment 63312 [details]
The messages are from
(set -x && . emerge-delta-webrsync -u -k )
what's the md5 of the 07/09 tarball in /var/delta-webrsync ?
Sorry, but I don't understand. There is no file
I found this typo (snapshoRt):
# cat snapshot-20050705-20050706.patch.bz2.md5sum
Server compromised? ;-)
"Server compromised" was meant as a joke but something is definitely funny:
snapshot-20050705-20050706.patch.bz2 10-Jul-2005 06:50 1.0M
snapshot-20050705-20050706.patch.bz2.md5sum 10-Jul-2005 06:53 72
The snapshot is quite large and has a timestamp that is four days late. Brian,
did you create and upload these files manually?
That snapshot-20050705-20050706 seems to be the root cause. The messages I sent
were from a run with the "original" snapshot. Now I downloaded the "new"
snapshot and fixed the typo in the md5sum file. Everything looks good again.
But I am still suspicious... why is there a new snapshot?
Created attachment 63449 [details]
differences between runs
This is from a unified diff of the different runs.
Pardon, real life is being a bugger and forcing me to deal with it a bit :)
I recreated the 05-06 patch due to the fact that the 07/06 snapshot was
rereleased without me being poked about it- wouldn't be an issue, except some
people *had* already updated to the original 07/06 snapshot, and a re-release of
the snapshot effectively screwed them, leaving them out in the cold.
I've since made it known not to do that again without giving me a heads up, but
the framework in place doesn't allow for anyway to help those who are stuck with
the original 07/06 release.
Closing cantfix, since the failures were related to screwups of snapshot
generation serverside (something I can't retroactively fix for those affected).
Reopen if it occurs again please.