While updating from 7.0.6 to 7.0.8, portage fails while building vboxdrv. The error I get is this:
> make: *** No rule to make target 'scripts/module.lds', needed by '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-7.0.8/work/vboxdrv/vboxdrv.ko'. Stop.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. sync your portage tree
2. try to emerge =app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-7.0.8
* ERROR: app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-7.0.8::gentoo failed (compile phase):
* emake failed
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-7.0.8::gentoo'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-7.0.8::gentoo'`.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-7.0.8/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-7.0.8/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-7.0.8/work'
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-7.0.8/work'
EBuild should emerge without problems.
Created attachment 864175 [details]
Created attachment 864176 [details]
>WARNING: Module.symvers is missing
This sounds like your kernel wasn't fully built? i.e. only did modules_prepare (often insufficient for many modules), or perhaps something else went wrong after sitting there for too long and it wouldn't hurt to make clean and rebuild kernel with current toolchain (updating it wouldn't hurt too, 6.1.19 is rather old)
The latest stable kernels are 6.1.28 and 6.1.31. Please try with one of those.