With x11-misc/appmenu-gtk-module[-gtk2 -wayland] installed, libreoffice main/top menubar is gone.
Workaround to get the libreoffice main/top menubar back:
- unset GTK_MODULES; libreoffice ...
- or simply remove x11-misc/appmenu-gtk-module (and relogin)
Basically, what x11-misc/appmenu-gtk-module does is
- install a bunch of files
- add appmenu-gtk-module to the GTK_MODULES environment var: GTK_MODULES=canberra-gtk-module:appmenu-gtk-module:canberra-gtk-module:appmenu-gtk-module
Note the duplicates in GTK_MODULES. Anyway (as expected), removing the dupes doesn't make any difference.
Reason for installing x11-misc/appmenu-gtk-module was an attempts to get the main/top menubar back into gtk3 apps, especially dev-util/meld-3.22+ (which now uses gtk3).
So far, with x11-misc/appmenu-gtk-module installed, I only experience negative effects:
- meld (and other gtk apps) say: Gtk-Message: ... Failed to load module ""appmenu-gtk-module""
- libreoffice loses the main/top menubar
Note the double "", unsure how this may be related ...
In the current state, I really doubt what purpose this package serves.
Really, is there currently any known positive impact or did I hit a bug?