I am not offended by these but found it to be rather amusing. However I suspect some people may find portions of x11-misc/xscreensaver-6.0.1 built with USE=-offensive ... offensive or at least NSFW:
If you watch the 3D animations for the screensaver "handsy" there are a couple of things that may not be appropriate for work:
- The traditional double 1-finger salute (1-finger salute representing the phallic structure)
- There is a depiction of copulation
- A third one that seems to imply masturbation.
There are potentially more that I'm not too sure of (possibly the nonverbal hand sign alerting others of homosexual behavior), but it depends on the locale to understand the signs.
It's amazing what what can be done in a few lines of code and due to the nature of timing, things can be hidden in the fourth dimension.
I leave this as an enhancement that I would not mind seeing this report deleted/marked as "not a bug," but perhaps some people might find this funny.
Thanks for that bug report. I saw that ebuild today and the use of USE=offensive and had a laught already.
So, should not be too hard to patch that out as long as we know how the animations are called. I am plowing though handsy_anim.h, I found InOut and InOut2 which sounds a bit suspicious.
I also found goatse_anim, so maybe you want to keep watching. :D
uuuiiiuiiuiui vice squad to the rescue!
For the next version (https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/27807) I wrote a patch that removes
- middle_anim (the 1-finger salute one)
- bs1_anim (the one where one hand resembles bull horns and the other resembles fecal matter flying out)
- upyours_anim (the name kind of discloses it, although I wouldn't know if I hadn't read the name...)
- inout1_anim & inout2_anim (the depiction of copulation)
- outtahere_anim (the implication of masturbation, although the name confuses me)
I hope handsy is saved from further corruption of the mind.
The bug has been closed via the following commit(s):
Author: Pascal Jäger <email@example.com>
AuthorDate: 2022-10-16 17:14:35 +0000
Commit: Sam James <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CommitDate: 2022-10-30 09:37:56 +0000
x11-misc/xscreensaver: version bump to 6.05
* New patch for handsys manners
* Building with USE="-opengl" is not supported anymore
* Also added a patch for -gtk builds, set GTK_SHAREDIR because when build
with USE="-gtk" it is not set and then installs .service file into /
* Building with USE="-xft" is not supported anymore
* Delete .service file when USE="-systemd"
Signed-off-by: Pascal Jäger <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: Sam James <firstname.lastname@example.org>
x11-misc/xscreensaver/Manifest | 1 +
.../xscreensaver-6.05-configure-exit-codes.patch | 29 +++
...screensaver-6.05-remove-update-icon-cache.patch | 13 ++
...creensaver-6.05-teach-handsy-some-manners.patch | 42 ++++
x11-misc/xscreensaver/metadata.xml | 9 +-
x11-misc/xscreensaver/xscreensaver-6.05.ebuild | 243 +++++++++++++++++++++
6 files changed, 336 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)