We're in the process of getting rid of lxde in Gentoo, since its upstream development has shifted to lxqt. I'd like to hear whether you still find lxdm worthy of keeping around? It doesn't seem to depend on the lxde-internals that much, but that being said, there are many alternatives to a display manager available too. Looking at lxdm, it's last release was at 2015 and I can't find any development afterwards. That looks like it's abandoned to me.
Please see the general last-rite bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/810091
If you want to keep it around, then at least update the ebuild with:
* QA Notice: Binary files linked to libcrypt.so found
* But a dependency on virtual/libcrypt is not declared!
* Please add virtual/libcrypt:= dependency
* Gentoo bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/699422
* Tracker bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/798963
* See: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Toolchain/libcrypt_implementation
In addition, it seems to depend on:
* QA: detected possibly incorrect RDEPEND (lxde-base/lxdm-0.5.3-r2)
I intend to keep this around.
I will analyze dependencies this week and move to x11-apps
(In reply to Brian Evans from comment #1)
> I will analyze dependencies this week and move to x11-apps
That would be wrong:
> x11-apps contains applications distributed as part of X.Org X11.
(In reply to Andreas Sturmlechner from comment #2)
> (In reply to Brian Evans from comment #1)
> > I will analyze dependencies this week and move to x11-apps
> That would be wrong:
> > x11-apps contains applications distributed as part of X.Org X11.
x11-misc then. gui-apps would be wrong as well
Not that I mind about the pkgmove as it's most likely ahead at some point anyway. But you may want to hold up with that until a decisive decision is made about lxde's removal. I'm not going to force it through if there's opposition. Gonna gather more feedback about it.
This bug should still stay valid about the missing deps for lxdm.
The bug has been closed via the following commit(s):
Author: Brian Evans <email@example.com>
AuthorDate: 2021-08-28 13:13:59 +0000
Commit: Brian Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CommitDate: 2021-08-28 13:13:59 +0000
lxde-base/lxdm: Update dependencies
Signed-off-by: Brian Evans <email@example.com>
lxde-base/lxdm/lxdm-0.5.3-r3.ebuild | 83 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 file changed, 83 insertions(+)
1. With regards to the initial description, lxdm-0.5.3-r3 requires stabilization, especially with the rollout of libcrypt-2 (requiring a rebuild of lxdm).
2. Please keep lxdm around. Few alternatives exist that don't require pam.