I switch my system from zlib to zlib-ng.
Compilation of spatialite-5.0.1-r1 fails with an error:
> configure: error: cannot find minizip/unzip.h, bailing out
Instructions for switching system from zlib to zlib-ng:
1) Install zlib-ng package:
USE="-compat" emerge sys-apps/zlib-ng
2) Remove zlib package from system:
emerge -C sys-apps/zlib
3) Rebuild zlib-ng as replacement for zlib:
USE="compat" emerge -1 sys-apps/zlib-ng
4) Apply permanent "compat" use flag for zlib-ng:
echo "sys-apps/zlib-ng compat" >> /etc/portage/package.use/custom
5) Mark zlib-ng as system package:
echo "*sys-apps/zlib-ng" >> /etc/portage/profile/packages
6) Mark as installed last installed version of zlib package:
(this needs for packages, which require sys-libs/zlib as dependency)
echo "sys-libs/zlib-1.2.11-r4" >> /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Swap sys-libs/zlib to sys-libs/zlib-ng
2. Compile sci-libs/gdal with spatialite use flag enabled.
3. Compile dev-db/spatialite as dependency for sci-libs/gdal[spatialite].
dev-db/spatialite compilation fails.
dev-db/spatialite must compiled successfully.
Created attachment 727830 [details]
Created attachment 727833 [details]
Created attachment 727836 [details]
emerge -pv zlib-ng