"The X.509 GeneralName type is a generic type for representing different types
of names. One of those name types is known as EDIPartyName. OpenSSL provides a
function GENERAL_NAME_cmp which compares different instances of a GENERAL_NAME
to see if they are equal or not. This function behaves incorrectly when both
GENERAL_NAMEs contain an EDIPARTYNAME. A NULL pointer dereference and a crash
may occur leading to a possible denial of service attack."
I'm running openssl-1.0.2u (https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/dev-libs/openssl/openssl-1.0.2u.ebuild) with this patches from ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssl1.0/1.0.2n-1ubuntu5.5
What I did:
* Created a new overlay (for testing)
* Extracted debian/patches/CVE-2020-1971-*.patch from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+sourcefiles/openssl1.0/1.0.2n-1ubuntu5.5/openssl1.0_1.0.2n-1ubuntu5.5.debian.tar.xz
* Put them in ./files dir of dev-libs/openssl
* Copied openssl-1.0.2u.ebuild to openssl-1.0.2u-r1.ebuild
* Adjusted openssl-1.0.2u-r1.ebuild
* Added to the start of the src_prepare() section:
Dead tracker, closing.