Current stable version (dev-vcs/git-cola-3.5-r1) lacks python 3.8 support.
Note that 3.8 was pushed TODAY. Generally we wait ~30 days to get time finding some bugs.
I'd suggest adding python-3.8 in 3.5 for now. Just need to be sure any possible test suites work in 3.5, and it can be done in an instant.
yes! do I need to do something? (I've never done any stabilization...)
(In reply to Martin Gysel (bearsh) from comment #3)
> yes! do I need to do something? (I've never done any stabilization...)
Saying yes is enough -- because you're not the bug assignee, you can't add CC-ARCHES to keywords (I think) but that'd be what you should do if you are the assignee or you gain editbugs permissions.
Thank you for letting us know!
all arches done