After emerging blender the scripts are stored in /usr/lib/blender/scripts, blender doesn't know this and tries to search in /usr/bin/.blender/scripts and ~/.blender/scripts.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. emerge blender
2. update menu's in script panel
Directory not found
Creates new menu entries
I'll change the way blender looks for the script soon, the location I pick is the one I thought was most suitable for that purpose, the default blender uses aren't
It is ofcourse simply solved by making a symlink in the users homedir, but can't the blender default .blender not be changed to /usr/lib/blender solves most initial problems?
(Or is that what you are going to do?)
that's what I'm going to do ^^
There's a simple way around this. If you set all the paths correctly in Blender
and then save the file as ~/.B.blend then Blender will always load that file as
soon as it starts up. (The locations you set for scripts, textures, etc, etc are
all stored within the file)
The problem is that the default is plainly WRONG for any sane os.
I fixed the issue o the .36 the .37 has changed the dir handling (again) and I'm
not so sure I fixed everything.
Please do something to change this problem. I really need 2.37a. Is there a
simple workaround like doing symlinks in the filesystem? Perhaps you could
describe what to change in Blender source. Perhaps I do it on my own and create
a patch. But please do something. Blender > 2.37 is nearly unusable without!
Ok, this does the workaround:
> ln -s /usr/lib/blender /usr/bin/.blender
I'm not happy with this "solution", but I could work with Blender-2.37a. I think
this should be really easy to fix in Blender sourcecode.
.. If I read better before writing the comment above I had seen the symlink
comment from Stefan de Konink... Sorry!
Isn't really that trivial...
and currently I don't have the time to track the changes here and there, if you
want some improvement please fill a bug in the upstream bts.
Pretty stale bug, reopen if it's still a problem w/ up-to-date versions (and, tell upstream in that case). AFAICS, it's "fixed" by blender-2.37-dirs.patch.