From the website:
NetSurf 3.10 released
24 May 2020
NetSurf 3.10 features many fixes, better performance and improved functionality. In particular, handling of authentication, certificates and fetch errors have been updated and unified. The GTK front end has had a major overhaul too. We recommend all users upgrade to NetSurf 3.10.
I've made some changes to netsurf-buildsystem and its libraries to try to sort out the ROOT/PREFIX mess. To finish the job, please make the following changes along with this version bump:
* Change all uses of $ED to $D in the install functions. The build system
already combines DESTDIR/PREFIX, and we set PREFIX to contain an "E"
in gentoo-helpers.sh, so DESTDIR doesn't need another one.
* Replace $EROOT/usr with $EPREFIX/usr. I'm not 100% sure that this will do
the right thing, but I am sure that $EROOT/usr is wrong, because ROOT
doesn't make sense in src_* functions:
I have a new version prepared (trying to work with upstream on some of these bugs, and they only care about v3.10). If you want me to mind my own business, please speak up in the next week or so. Otherwise I'll go ahead and commit the new version.
The bug has been closed via the following commit(s):
Author: Michael Orlitzky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: 2020-06-21 01:43:05 +0000
Commit: Michael Orlitzky <email@example.com>
CommitDate: 2020-06-21 12:17:03 +0000
www-client/netsurf: new version 3.10.
This new version (bug 727882) combined with the removal of the old
versions fixes some outstanding issues:
* Fixes the mixup between ED/D (and EROOT, variously) throughout
the build system (bug 489542).
* Adds a dependency on dev-lang/duktape, but as a result, has to
drop keywords for arm, ppc, and ppc64 (bugs 698650, 728592).
* Adds a patch to fix the location of utf8proc.h (bug 721318)
* Adds a patch to disable failing tests (bug 687378).
* Drops the broken USE=pdf-writer flag (bug 625770).
* Apparently fixes the test failure with USE="-gtk2", since the
test suite now passes (bug 672812).
* Eliminates another test failure in v3.8 (bug 701322).
Package-Manager: Portage-2.3.99, Repoman-2.3.22
Signed-off-by: Michael Orlitzky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
www-client/netsurf/Manifest | 1 +
.../files/netsurf-3.10-disable-failing-tests.patch | 42 +++++++
...rf-3.10-julia-libutf8proc-header-location.patch | 34 ++++++
www-client/netsurf/netsurf-3.10.ebuild | 131 +++++++++++++++++++++
4 files changed, 208 insertions(+)