When I try to emerge dev-php/PEAR-Mail_Mime-1.2.1-r1 with FEATURES="collision-protect", there is a collision and emerge exits with an error.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. set FEATURES="collision-protect" in make.conf
2. # emerge -av PEAR-Mail_Mime
* checking 8 files for package collisions
existing file /usr/lib/php/.filemap is not owned by this package
existing file /usr/lib/php/.lock is not owned by this package
* spend 0.0131080150604 seconds checking for file collisions
* This package is blocked because it wants to overwrite
* files belonging to other packages (see messages above).
* If you have no clue what this is all about report it
* as a bug for this package on http://bugs.gentoo.org
package dev-php/PEAR-Mail_Mime-1.2.1-r1 NOT merged
See Bug 70814 for emerge info output.
Due to the "inner workings" of the PEAR Installer and the PEAR eclass this is expected behaviour that cannot (and need not) be changed.
*** Bug 82562 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***