Vadim has been active Gentoo for about 15 years already, maintaining desktops,
servers (incl. Hardened), and even Prefix Gentoo installations.
He made several contributions to gentoo-related/gentoo-hosted projects
(like Genkernel), also he was proxy-maintainer for some packages even before
the "Git Era", and he also contributed to some packages through GitHub Pull
He also used to contribute to Gentoo/KDE project and oficial Lua overlay.
Vadim runs own business of servers administration, InfoSecurity investigation
He also used to be a CTO of Pirate Party of Russia in 2009-2017.
His hobbies and interests area includes: computer science, DYI, math, physics,
astronomy, radio engineering and soldering.
I'd like to support Vadim as candidate for a new developer. He does a lot of great work, including many Lua packages, some Nginx stuff and he also maintains telegram-desktop source builds in his own overlay.
If fact, Vadim was one of the people who helped myself become a developer back in a day, sharing a great deal of his experience and advice.
What we did:
- granted access to main gentoo.git
- Added user to GitHub Gentoo team
- IRC cloak: mva
What you need to do:
- subscribe to mailing lists with your @gentoo.org address
- request forum status bump in #gentoo-forums or by mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org (if you have a forums account)
- send yourself mail to check if it works
- add yourself to mail aliases ( like email@example.com )
see /var/mail/alias on dev.gentoo.org
- register to wiki.gentoo.org with your @gentoo.org e-mail address using
the following instructions: https://wiki.gentoo.org/getting-started
- set lat and lon attributes in LDAP if you want others to know where
exactly you are located
- set gentooIM if you want people to be able to contact you via other
means than email
- if you want your blog to be syndicated to planet.gentoo.org, check
- enable 2FA authentication to your GitHub account in the Gentoo organization (mandatory)
- visit the Gentoo Nitrokey portal at https://gentoo.nitrokey.com
in order to get a free Nitrokey Pro 2 security key
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Foundation membership (optional)
For the mentor:
- You are also responsible for the commits of your recruit during the first
month so you should watch the commits of your recruit via gentoo-commits