Gentoo Websites Logo
Go to: Gentoo Home Documentation Forums Lists Bugs Planet Store Wiki Get Gentoo!
Bug 686614 - dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.4-r1 & media-libs/libvisio-0.1.6 can't find boost headers
Summary: dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.4-r1 & media-libs/libvisio-0.1.6 can't find boost hea...
Status: UNCONFIRMED
Alias: None
Product: Gentoo Linux
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Current packages (show other bugs)
Hardware: All Linux
: Normal normal (vote)
Assignee: Gentoo Office Team
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2019-05-23 17:17 UTC by urcindalo
Modified: 2020-11-28 17:46 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Package list:
Runtime testing required: ---


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description urcindalo 2019-05-23 17:17:16 UTC
Today I tried to update my box. However, after a while, the update failed because some packages like dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.4-r1 & media-libs/libvisio-0.1.6, and probably others, can't find boost headers.

I've tried even rebuilding boost and all of its dependencies, to no avail.
Here is the configure error for dev-libs/librevenge:

=====
 * librevenge-0.0.4.tar.xz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                                          [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking librevenge-0.0.4.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.4-r1/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.4-r1/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.4-r1/work/librevenge-0.0.4 ...
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.4-r1/work/librevenge-0.0.4 ...
 * abi_x86_32.x86: running multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure
 * econf: updating librevenge-0.0.4/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
 * econf: updating librevenge-0.0.4/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.4-r1/work/librevenge-0.0.4/configure --prefix=/usr --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/librevenge-0.0.4-r1 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/librevenge-0.0.4-r1/html --libdir=/usr/lib32 --disable-static --disable-werror --without-docs --disable-tests
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/lib/portage/python3.6/ebuild-helpers/xattr/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables... 
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 accepts -g... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 understands -c and -o together... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32... none
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ar... no
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-lib... no
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-link... no
checking for ar... ar
checking the archiver (ar) interface... ar
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... (cached) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 understands -c and -o together... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32... (cached) none
checking how to run the C preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 -E
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32 accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32... none
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ld -m elf_i386
checking if the linker (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ld -m elf_i386) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking how to convert i686-pc-linux-gnu file names to i686-pc-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert i686-pc-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ld -m elf_i386 option to reload object files... -r
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-objdump... no
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-dlltool... no
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip... no
checking for strip... strip
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for a working dd... /bin/dd
checking how to truncate binary pipes... /bin/dd bs=4096 count=1
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-mt... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32 linker (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ld -m elf_i386) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32 -E
checking for ld used by x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ld -m elf_i386
checking if the linker (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ld -m elf_i386) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32 linker (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ld -m elf_i386) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32 option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32 PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32 static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32 supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -m32 linker (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ld -m elf_i386) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking for native Win32... no
checking for Win32 platform in general... no
checking for -fvisibility=hidden compiler flag... yes
checking for Darwin (Mac OS X) platform... no
checking for boost/algorithm/string.hpp... no
configure: error: Required boost headers not found.
======

Howver, the file is present:
# equery b boost/algorithm/string.hpp
 * Searching for boost/algorithm/string.hpp ... 
dev-libs/boost-1.65.0 (/usr/include/boost/algorithm/string.hpp)
# ls -la /usr/include/boost/algorithm/string.hpp
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1061 may 23 18:48 /usr/include/boost/algorithm/string.hpp
Comment 1 Andreas Sturmlechner gentoo-dev 2019-05-23 17:22:09 UTC
Missing build.log, missing emerge --info.

Both packages properly depend on boost. Please check your boost installation:

$ equery k boost
Comment 2 urcindalo 2019-05-23 17:24:06 UTC
(In reply to Andreas Sturmlechner from comment #1)
> Missing build.log, missing emerge --info.
> 
> Both packages properly depend on boost. Please check your boost installation:
> 
> $ equery k boost

# equery k boost
* Checking dev-libs/boost-1.65.0 ...
   13801 out of 13801 files passed
Comment 3 urcindalo 2019-05-23 17:27:57 UTC
Since there are several preserved libs from old packages (due to the update process), I've just run "emerge @preserved-rebuild && revdep-rebuild -iv", but the very first package fails the same way:
=====
>>> Emerging (1 of 14) media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2::gentoo
 * Fetching files in the background.
 * To view fetch progress, run in another terminal:
 * tail -f /var/log/emerge-fetch.log
 * libzmf-0.0.2.tar.xz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                                              [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking libzmf-0.0.2.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work/libzmf-0.0.2 ...
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work/libzmf-0.0.2 ...
 * econf: updating libzmf-0.0.2/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
 * econf: updating libzmf-0.0.2/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
./configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/libzmf-0.0.2 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/libzmf-0.0.2/html --libdir=/usr/lib64 --disable-werror --disable-debug --without-docs --disable-tests --disable-tools
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/lib/portage/python3.6/ebuild-helpers/xattr/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables... 
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... none
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar
checking the archiver (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar) interface... ar
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... (cached) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc understands -c and -o together... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... (cached) none
checking how to run the C preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -E
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... none
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to x86_64-pc-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-objdump... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-dlltool... no
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar... (cached) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm -B output from x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for a working dd... /bin/dd
checking how to truncate binary pipes... /bin/dd bs=4096 count=1
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-mt... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -E
checking for ld used by x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports C++11 features by default... yes
checking for __attribute__((format))... yes
checking for __attribute__((fallthrough))... yes
checking for [[clang:fallthrough]]... no
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config... /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.20... yes
checking for REVENGE... yes
checking for boost/cstdint.hpp... yes
checking for boost/math/constants/constants.hpp... no
configure: error: Required boost headers not found.
======
Comment 4 urcindalo 2019-05-23 17:38:07 UTC
# emerge --info
Portage 2.3.62 (python 3.6.5-final-0, default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma/systemd, gcc-8.3.0, glibc-2.29-r2, 4.19.44-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.19.44-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-2_Quad_CPU_Q8300_@_2.50GHz-with-gentoo-2.6
KiB Mem:     4034544 total,   2364420 free
KiB Swap:    6291452 total,   6203900 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Thu, 23 May 2019 12:30:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: 89b05d2e4b96783c5e9638cc49de517baf33733a
Head commit of repository flatpak-overlay: 0021aa0acbac8d35623e417832a981bd159bd69b

sh bash 4.4_p23-r1
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.31.1 p7) 2.31.1
app-shells/bash:          4.4_p23-r1::gentoo
dev-java/java-config:     2.2.0-r4::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.26.2::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.15::gentoo, 3.6.5::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.14.3::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.29.2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.6-r1::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.13::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13-r1::gentoo, 2.69-r4::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.11.6-r3::gentoo, 1.13.4-r2::gentoo, 1.16.1-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.31.1-r6::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            8.3.0-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     2.0::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.2.1-r4::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.14-r1::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.29-r2::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    location: /usr/portage
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-verify-max-age: 24
    sync-rsync-verify-jobs: 1
    sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest: yes
    sync-rsync-extra-opts: 

local
    location: /usr/portage/local
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 0

4nykey
    location: /var/lib/layman/4nykey
    sync-type: laymansync
    sync-uri: https://github.com/4nykey/4nykey.git
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 50

flatpak-overlay
    location: /var/lib/layman/flatpak-overlay
    sync-type: git
    sync-uri: https://github.com/fosero/flatpak-overlay.git
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 50

jorgicio
    location: /var/lib/layman/jorgicio
    sync-type: laymansync
    sync-uri: https://github.com/jorgicio/jorgicio-gentoo.git
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 50

torbrowser
    location: /var/lib/layman/torbrowser
    sync-type: laymansync
    sync-uri: https://github.com/MeisterP/torbrowser-overlay.git
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 50

vmware
    location: /var/lib/layman/vmware
    sync-type: laymansync
    sync-uri: git://anongit.gentoo.org/proj/vmware.git
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 50

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/sofficerc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/language.dat.d /etc/texmf/language.def.d /etc/texmf/updmap.d /etc/texmf/web2c"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y"
ENV_UNSET="DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS DISPLAY GOBIN PERL5LIB PERL5OPT PERLPREFIX PERL_CORE PERL_MB_OPT PERL_MM_OPT XAUTHORITY XDG_CACHE_HOME XDG_CONFIG_HOME XDG_DATA_HOME XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-docompress binpkg-dostrip binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles ipc-sandbox merge-sync multilib-strict network-sandbox news parallel-fetch pid-sandbox preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
INSTALL_MASK="/usr/share/locale -/usr/share/locale/es -/usr/share/locale/es_ES -/usr/share/locale/en_US -/usr/share/locale/en /usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/*/locale -/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/*/locale/es /usr/share/man/de /usr/share/man/el /usr/share/man/fr /usr/share/man/hu /usr/share/man/ja /usr/share/man/jp /usr/share/man/sk /usr/share/man/zh_TW"
LANG="es_ES.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="es_ES es en_US en"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
PKGDIR="/home/ramiro/usr/local/portage/pkgdir-backup/"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="X a52 aac aalib accessibility acl acpi activities additions adns ads alsa amd64 apbs apm apng archive arpack attica audiofile auth authfile autoipd autoreplace autotrace bash-completion bcmath bdf berkdb binary-drivers blas branding bzip2 cairo caps cdda cddb cdparanoia cdr cdrom cg chm chroot clamav cli compat contactnotes context crypt css ctype cups curl curlwrappers custom-optimization cxx dbus declarative designer-plugin desktopglobe detex dga dia directfb djvu dri dts dvd dvdr dvi dvipdfm emboss emf emovix enca encode exif expoblending extensions extra fam fastcgi fat fbcon ffmpeg fftw flac flatfile flickr fltk fontconfig foomaticdb fortran fpx ftp fuse gallium gd gdbm geoip geolocation gif gimp git glamor glew gmp gphoto2 gpm gps gpssync grammar graphics graphviz grub gsl gstreamer gtk gzip hddtemp hdri hfs history hpcups hpijs humanities icedtea7 iconv icu id3tag idn ieee1394 imagemagick imap imlib inifile inkjar ipv6 jack jadetex java java6 javafx javascript jbig jce jfs jpeg jpeg2k json justify kde kipi kwallet ladspa lame lapack latex lcms ldap lensfun libcaca libnotify libsecret libssh2 libtirpc libwww live llvm llvm-shared-libs lm_sensors logrotate lqr lua lzo m17n-lib mad maildir math matroska mbox md5sum mdb mediawiki memlimit metis milter mime mjpeg mmap mmxext mng mobi modplug mono motif mozilla mp3 mp4 mpeg mplayer msms msn mtp multilib multiuser musepack music musicbrainz nas ncurses neXt net netboot network network-cron networking networkmanager new-login nis nls npp nptl nsplugin ntfs ntfsprogs numpy ofx ogg omega openal openbabel openexr opengl openmax openmp opensslcrypt openvg osc ots pam pango panorama parse-clocks pcntl pcre pdf phonon plasma plotutils plugins png policykit portaudio posix postproc postscript povray ppds profile pstricks publishers qalculate qml qt5 quicktime qwt rar raw rdesktop readline redeyes reiserfs resolvconf rss rtc rtf rtsp ruby samba sasl scanner science sdk sdl sdl-image seccomp semantic-desktop sensord shout simplexml skey skins slang slp smp snmp soap sockets socks5 solver source sox speex spell sse3 sse4 sse41 sse4_1 ssl ssse3 startup-notification subtitles subversion svg swat sync-plugin-portage syslog systemd sysvipc szip t1lib taglib tbb tcl tcpd tex4ht tga theora thesaurus threads thumbnail thunderbird tidy tiff tk truetype twolame udev udisks unicode upower usb userlocales v4l vaapi vcd vcdx vdpau vlm vmd vnc vorbis wavpack wayland wayland-compositor wddx webdav webstart widgets winbind winpopup wmf wxwidgets x264 xa xanim xattr xcb xcomposite xetex xface xforms xfs xft xindy xine xls xml xmlreader xmlrpc xmlwriter xmp xorgmodule xplanet xpm xsl xv xvid xvmc zip zlib zoran" ABI_X86="64 32" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_anon authn_dbd authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers ident imagemap include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation proxy proxy_ajp proxy_balancer proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite setenvif so speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon sheets words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 ssse3" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" KERNEL="linux" L10N="es-ES es en-US en" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" NETBEANS_MODULES="apisupport cnd groovy gsf harness ide identity j2ee java mobility nb php profiler soa visualweb webcommon websvccommon xml" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php5-6 php7-1" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres9_5 postgres10" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_6" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby24" SANE_BACKENDS="epson2 hp samsung" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nouveau" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BINHOST, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
Comment 5 urcindalo 2019-05-23 17:38:58 UTC
# cat /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/temp/build.log
 * Package:    media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2
 * Repository: gentoo
 * Maintainer: office@gentoo.org
 * USE:        abi_x86_64 amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU
 * FEATURES:   network-sandbox preserve-libs sandbox userpriv usersandbox
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking libzmf-0.0.2.tar.xz to /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work/libzmf-0.0.2 ...
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work/libzmf-0.0.2 ...
 * econf: updating libzmf-0.0.2/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
 * econf: updating libzmf-0.0.2/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
./configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/libzmf-0.0.2 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/libzmf-0.0.2/html --libdir=/usr/lib64 --disable-werror --disable-debug --without-docs --disable-tests --disable-tools
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/lib/portage/python3.6/ebuild-helpers/xattr/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables... 
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... none
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar
checking the archiver (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar) interface... ar
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... (cached) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc understands -c and -o together... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... (cached) none
checking how to run the C preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -E
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... none
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to x86_64-pc-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-pc-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-objdump... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-dlltool... no
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar... (cached) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm -B output from x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for a working dd... /bin/dd
checking how to truncate binary pipes... /bin/dd bs=4096 count=1
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-mt... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -E
checking for ld used by x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ supports C++11 features by default... yes
checking for __attribute__((format))... yes
checking for __attribute__((fallthrough))... yes
checking for [[clang:fallthrough]]... no
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config... /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.20... yes
checking for REVENGE... yes
checking for boost/cstdint.hpp... yes
checking for boost/math/constants/constants.hpp... no
configure: error: Required boost headers not found.

!!! Please attach the following file when seeking support:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work/libzmf-0.0.2/config.log
 * ERROR: media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2::gentoo failed (configure phase):
 *   econf failed
 * 
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line 124:  Called src_configure
 *             environment, line 404:  Called econf '--disable-werror' '--disable-debug' '--without-docs' '--disable-tests' '--disable-tools'
 *        phase-helpers.sh, line 718:  Called __helpers_die 'econf failed'
 *   isolated-functions.sh, line 119:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *              die "$@"
 * 
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work/libzmf-0.0.2'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libzmf-0.0.2/work/libzmf-0.0.2'
Comment 6 Andreas K. Hüttel archtester gentoo-dev 2020-11-28 17:46:33 UTC
checking for REVENGE... yes
checking for boost/cstdint.hpp... yes
checking for boost/math/constants/constants.hpp... no
configure: error: Required boost headers not found.

This looks like a deeper underlying problem (some boost headers are found, some not - I suspect it's probably not that headers are missing, but something else).

We'd need the configure.log from the build dir to debug...