Compiling Samba with the Python-Use-Flag set, causes revdep-rebuild to compile samba again and again. Problem won't go away, after each rebuild of samba, revdep-rebuild wants to compile samba again.
The same behavior has been reported on the Funtoo-Forums. There, they suggest to compile samba without the python-use-flag. They are right, I've tested it without python -> works. Look at: https://forums.funtoo.org/topic/1335-revdep-rebuild-causes-net-fssamba-471-rebuild/
This problem still exists in samba-4.8.6 !!
$ ldd /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/dsdb_dns.so | grep found
libdnsserver-common-samba4.so => not found
According to the build log "libdnsserver-common-samba4.so" was built, but not installed. It is probably a part of domain controller and only installed if USE=addc.
Created attachment 553660 [details]
Created attachment 553662 [details]
emerge --info samba
Happens to me too: endless loop of:
* This is the new python coded version
* Please report any bugs found using it.
* The original revdep-rebuild script is installed as revdep-rebuild.sh
* Please file bugs at: https://bugs.gentoo.org/
* Found a valid cache, skipping collecting phase
* Scanning files
* Checking dynamic linking consistency
* Broken files that require: libdnsserver-common-samba4.so (64 bits)
* Assign files to packages
* /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/dsdb_dns.so -> net-fs/samba-4.8.6