Created attachment 518064 [details]
Updated ebuild, has changes from #588236, needs to have git removed
OpenClonk 8 got released, a bump would be nice.
Source tarball (in case the one in the download section isn't up to date yet): https://git.openclonk.org/openclonk.git/archive/openclonk-release-8.0-src.tar.bz2
Thank you for your contribution. I had a short look on the ebuild.
Here a few ideas:
* Please test the ebuild with repoman full -x https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Repoman
* eutils is not needed here since EAPI=6
* KEYWORDS need ~ after a version bump run ekeyword ~all YOUREBUILD
* please fix the header. (see /usr/portage/skel.ebuild and https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/eapi/)
"# Copyright 1999-2018 Gentoo Foundation"
* fdo-mime is obsolete, please use xdg-utils
* It would be better to attach the single files instead of a compressed file.
Created attachment 518356 [details]
Created attachment 518358 [details]
I made the warnings go away and did what you said, but I'm still not sure that makes this a good ebuild.
Hm, two questions:
1. Is there a nice way to check whether the listed dependencies are really sufficient/necessary? At least gtk3 seems to be unnecessary at this point (It's only used to build the mape tool, which the ebuild doesn't install.)
2. There is extra music available at http://www.openclonk.org/download/Music.ocg, but the license is… odd at best.
"The game Open Clonk ( http://www.openclonk.org/ ) may use and distribute the soundtrack, as long as credit is given. This explicitly includes packaged distributions of the game. In-game videos of Open Clonk and game modifications and extensions based on the Open Clonk file-types (.ocd, .ocs and .ocf) don't require credits." Any way to have this as an extra download, or something?
Small change: It's 8.1 now…
Please use tarball from
Instead of using your local git tree
I made an overlay for this a while ago… https://github.com/jcaesar/openclonk-overlay
Not sure what to do with this issue now.