I am currently (re)installing Gentoo and have a problem with emerging the @world.
I am following the current AMDx64 manual and the new(?) default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/systemd (stable) profile.
All went well until using the command "emerge --ask --deep --update --newuse @world". Where I was confronted the message "XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool".
ERROR: gnome-base/gconf-3.2.6-r4::gentoo failed (configure phase):
* econf failed
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 124: Called src_configure
* environment, line 4077: Called multilib-minimal_src_configure
* environment, line 2452: Called multilib_foreach_abi 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure'
* environment, line 2666: Called multibuild_foreach_variant '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure'
* environment, line 2382: Called _multibuild_run '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure'
* environment, line 2380: Called _multilib_multibuild_wrapper 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure'
* environment, line 359: Called multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure
* environment, line 2446: Called multilib_src_configure
* environment, line 2878: Called gnome2_src_configure '--disable-static' '--enable-gsettings-backend' '--with-gtk=3.0' '--disable-orbit' '--enable-introspection' '--with-openldap' '--enable-defaults-service'
* environment, line 1921: Called econf '--enable-debug=yes' '--disable-gtk-doc' '--disable-maintainer-mode' '--docdir=/usr/share/doc/gconf-3.2.6-r4' '--disable-static' '--enable-gsettings-backend' '--with-gtk=3.0' '--disable-orbit' '--enable-introspection' '--with-openldap' '--enable-defaults-service'
* phase-helpers.sh, line 666: Called __helpers_die 'econf failed'
* isolated-functions.sh, line 117: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "$@"
I have Attach the requested files.
You've win the worst bug report made this month :)
Your title should aim at your issue -> gnome-base/gconf-3.2.6-r4 missing dependency dev-perl/XML-Parser
The severity is trivial, because fixing the XML::Parser trouble will fix your issue.
just "emerge -1 XML-Parser", if you had an update of perl, the issue is that the new perl doesn't have it yet, something perl-cleaner will do for you.
So if you update perl and the updates that follow fail with perl, run perl-cleaner next time.
You have tried and fail to post the attachment, which won't be a big issue once you'll gave the answer if "emerge -1 XML-Parser" has fix your issue :D
I hope it help you.
You can mark it a dup of https://bugs.gentoo.org/41124 if it was your issue.
Thank you for your bug report. What little information you gave us was probably enough to advise you that it looks like you need to run perl-cleaner.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 41124 ***