I have published and tested a new series of releases for elogind.
Here is a rundown of the most important updates:
* The command line argument -D/--daemon has been added. When used, elogind will double fork into background.
* elogind will write its real pid into /run/elogind.pid, and will delete that file on exit.
* The dbus service file org.freedesktop.login1.service has been updated to start elogind in daemon mode on any request if it isn't already running.
* pam_elogind will no longer quit and do nothing if elogind is not running when called by a user login.
* elogind now catches SIGINT, SIGQUIT and SIGTERM so it will cleanup and quit nicely if killed.
* When started while another instance of elogind is already running, elogind will no longer error out, but quit with exit code 0.
* A bug was fixed, introduced with the v231 series, that caused elogind to use the default sleep config instead what was configured in logind.conf.
* Following systemd upstream, elogind now installs into <rootprefix>/<libdir>/elogind
This has the following consequences for the gentoo integration:
* The init script got a bit simpler, and is now optional.
* I have extended the ebuilds pkg_postinst() message to address that adding elogind to the boot runlevel is now optional. (Gives greater control, though)
* start-stop-daemon no longer has to find out eloginds PID
* if elogind is killed or anything like that, dbus will make sure it is restarted when needed.
I will attach diffs to the current ebuilds and files, and post the ebuilds for the new versions.
Until merged, the ebuilds can be tested from my overlay (seden@layman)
Note: This bug supersedes bug #626416
Sorry Andreas, I didn't realize the later bugs where assigned to you. I just wanted to assign it to freedesktop-bugs, but luckily checked the superseded bug first.
Created attachment 495228 [details, diff]
Update elogind-229.6.ebuild to elogind-229.8.ebuild
Latest stable release of the 229 series.
Created attachment 495230 [details, diff]
Update elogind-231.4.ebuild to elogind-231.6.ebuild
Latest release of the v231 series
Created attachment 495232 [details, diff]
Update elogind-232.3.ebuild to elogind-232.5.ebuild
Latest release of the v232 series
Created attachment 495234 [details]
Latest release of the v233 series
Created attachment 495248 [details]
Latest release of the v233 series
Just a note:
sys-apps/systemd only has v233 and v234 (keyworded) in the tree. So I think it would be enough to limit sys-auth/elogind to these two versions, too.
I will bring out releases for every (modern) systemd-stable branch they maintain, which includes v229, v231 and v232, but that doesn't mean we have to keep an ebuild for each, does it?
Created attachment 495250 [details, diff]
The new variant is a conf.in file which get's its library path substituted by $(get_libdir)
Further the PID file path is now fixed on /run/elogind.pid, following upstream.
Created attachment 495252 [details, diff]
Although adding it to the boot runlevel is now optional, the init script has a simpler start-stop-daemon command now, since elogind can double fork into daemon mode by itself, now.
The bug has been closed via the following commit(s):
Author: Sven Eden <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: 2017-09-24 09:47:23 +0000
Commit: Michael Palimaka <email@example.com>
CommitDate: 2017-09-24 09:48:01 +0000
sys-auth/elogind: version bump all branches
Package-Manager: Portage-2.3.8, Repoman-2.3.3
sys-auth/elogind/Manifest | 5 ++
sys-auth/elogind/elogind-229.8.ebuild | 105 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
sys-auth/elogind/elogind-231.6.ebuild | 105 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
sys-auth/elogind/elogind-232.5.ebuild | 105 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
sys-auth/elogind/elogind-233.6.ebuild | 105 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
sys-auth/elogind/elogind-234.3.ebuild | 105 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
sys-auth/elogind/files/elogind.conf.in | 7 +++
sys-auth/elogind/files/elogind.init | 6 +-
8 files changed, 540 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
Thanks Sven, I've bumped everything you've indicated.
(In reply to Sven Eden from comment #6)
> sys-apps/systemd only has v233 and v234 (keyworded) in the tree. So I think
> it would be enough to limit sys-auth/elogind to these two versions, too.
> I will bring out releases for every (modern) systemd-stable branch they
> maintain, which includes v229, v231 and v232, but that doesn't mean we have
> to keep an ebuild for each, does it?
In most cases we probably only need to bump the ebuild for the latest and greatest version. That said, I think the person who knows best which versions we should carry is you so I suspect we'll keep bumping at your suggestion. :-)