a new Version of Bitcoin Core has been released: https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.14.2
I tried bumping the Version myself in my local repository, but got this Error-Message:
# ebuild bitcoind-0.14.2.ebuild manifest
Appending /repo to PORTDIR_OVERLAY...
* ERROR: net-p2p/bitcoind-0.14.2::Nephelim failed (depend phase):
* Unrecognised version
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 611: Called source '/repo/net-p2p/bitcoind/bitcoind-0.14.2.ebuild'
* bitcoind-0.14.2.ebuild, line 12: Called inherit 'bash-completion-r1' 'bitcoincore' 'user' 'systemd'
* ebuild.sh, line 307: Called __qa_source '/usr/portage/gentoo/eclass/bitcoincore.eclass'
* ebuild.sh, line 102: Called source '/usr/portage/gentoo/eclass/bitcoincore.eclass'
* bitcoincore.eclass, line 106: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "Unrecognised version"
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=net-p2p/bitcoind-0.14.2::Nephelim'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=net-p2p/bitcoind-0.14.2::Nephelim'`.
* Working directory: '/usr/lib64/python3.4/site-packages'
* S: '/autofs/tmpfs/working_tmp/portage/net-p2p/bitcoind-0.14.2/work/bitcoind-0.14.2'
I found the "Unrecognised version" to be in the bitcoincore.eclass, but decided that at this point I'm in over my heads
Thank you for trying and reporting the local bump.
Please create one ticket per package.
It's already in the overlay (layman -a bitcoin), which is the only supported source for Bitcoin ebuilds at this time, due to an unfortunate hostile takeover of the main tree packages (even if it eventually gets bumped there, we will likely need to as upstream advise not using it).
Note that bitcoin-cli and libbitcoinconsensus are NOT bumped, since they have not changed since 0.14.1.
(In reply to Luke-Jr from comment #2)
> due to an unfortunate hostile takeover of the main tree packages
As of today you are listed as maintainer, does that mean metadata is no longer correct?
(In reply to Andreas Sturmlechner from comment #3)
> (In reply to Luke-Jr from comment #2)
> > due to an unfortunate hostile takeover of the main tree packages
> As of today you are listed as maintainer, does that mean metadata is no
> longer correct?
It means de facto I no longer have a way to push updates out to the main tree, only the overlay. Happy to continue maintaining the package, though.
(In reply to Luke-Jr from comment #4)
> (In reply to Andreas Sturmlechner from comment #3)
> > (In reply to Luke-Jr from comment #2)
> > > due to an unfortunate hostile takeover of the main tree packages
> > As of today you are listed as maintainer, does that mean metadata is no
> > longer correct?
> It means de facto I no longer have a way to push updates out to the main
> tree, only the overlay. Happy to continue maintaining the package, though.
I don't have time to proxy for this package anymore. Does someone else want to help out Luke-jr?
Here is the link to the overlay Luke wrote about:
It would be ideal to bump it to EAPI=6
Do I understand the situation correct, that Luke is still interested in maintaining the ebuild and we just need a new proxy maintainer?
We can not discuss things well on the bug tracker, but I invite Luke to join the IRC channel #gentoo-proxy-maint so that we can discuss how to continue.
bitcoin 0.15.0.1 is here
The bug has been closed via the following commit(s):
Author: Luke Dashjr <email@example.com>
AuthorDate: 2017-12-10 15:07:49 +0000
Commit: Mike Gilbert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CommitDate: 2017-12-31 16:20:21 +0000
net-p2p/bitcoind: Bump to 0.15.1
net-p2p/bitcoind/Manifest | 2 +
net-p2p/bitcoind/bitcoind-0.15.1.ebuild | 165 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
net-p2p/bitcoind/metadata.xml | 2 +
3 files changed, 169 insertions(+)