Created attachment 477184 [details]
output --debug-init in emacs-25.2 (file backtrace.emacs-25.2) and output emerge --info (file emerge.info)
Recently upgraded emacs to version 25.2.
No issues during upgrade.
Loading emacspeak in .emacs file fails in emacs-25.2 (see attached --debug-init output); re-installing emacs-24.5-r3 and starting that emaccs works perfectly.
Opening emacs-25.2 without running .emacs file (-q option) makes that espeak is rendered broken (issue is not present with emacs-24.5-r3), cfr. following actions:
* Rebooting (vbox-vm on win10)
* $ espeak "hello" (the word is spoken and command returns)
* $ emacs -q (and then C-x C-c to quit)
* $ espeak "hello" --> nothing is spoken and command hangs/does not return.
USE-flags for these packages:
dcolle@localhost ~ $ equery u emacs emacspeak emacspeak-ss espeak
[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[ : I - package is installed with flag ]
[ Colors : set, unset ]
* Found these USE flags for app-editors/emacs-25.2:
+ + X : Add support for X11
- - Xaw3d : Add support for the 3d athena widget set
+ + acl : Add support for Access Control Lists
+ + alsa : Add support for media-libs/alsa-lib (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)
- - athena : Enable the MIT Athena widget set (x11-libs/libXaw)
+ + dbus : Enable dbus support for anything that needs it (gpsd, gnomemeeting, etc)
- - dynamic-loading : Enable loading of dynamic libraries at runtime
- - games : Support shared score files for games
- - gconf : Use gnome-base/gconf to read the system font name
- - gfile : Use gfile (dev-libs/glib) for file notification
+ + gif : Add GIF image support
+ + gpm : Add support for sys-libs/gpm (Console-based mouse driver)
- - gsettings : Use gsettings (dev-libs/glib) to read the system font name
+ + gtk : Add support for x11-libs/gtk+ (The GIMP Toolkit)
+ + gtk3 : Prefer version 3 of the GIMP Toolkit to version 2 (x11-libs/gtk+)
- - gzip-el : Compress bundled Emacs Lisp source
- - hesiod : Enable support for net-dns/hesiod
- - imagemagick : Use media-gfx/imagemagick for image processing
+ + inotify : Enable inotify filesystem monitoring support
+ + jpeg : Add JPEG image support
- - kerberos : Add kerberos support
- - libxml2 : Use dev-libs/libxml2 to parse XML instead of the internal Lisp implementations
- - livecd : !!internal use only!! DO NOT SET THIS FLAG YOURSELF!, used during livecd building
- - m17n-lib : Enable m17n-lib support
- - motif : Add support for the Motif toolkit
- - pax_kernel : Enable building under a PaX enabled kernel
+ + png : Add support for libpng (PNG images)
- - sound : Enable sound support
- - source : Install C source files and make them available for find-function
+ + ssl : Add support for Secure Socket Layer connections
+ + svg : Add support for SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
+ + tiff : Add support for the TIFF image format
- - toolkit-scroll-bars : Use the selected toolkit's scrollbars in preference to Emacs' own scrollbars
- - wide-int : Prefer wide Emacs integers (typically 62-bit). This option has an effect only on architectures where "long" and "long long" types have different size.
- - xft : Build with support for XFT font renderer (x11-libs/libXft)
+ + xpm : Add support for XPM graphics format
+ + zlib : Add support for zlib (de)compression
* Found these USE flags for app-accessibility/emacspeak-39.0-r2:
+ + espeak : Adds support for the espeak tts engine
!!! No USE flags found for app-accessibility/emacspeak-ss-1.9.1
* Found these USE flags for app-accessibility/espeak-1.47.11-r1:
- - portaudio : Add support for the crossplatform portaudio audio API
+ + pulseaudio : Add support for PulseAudio sound server
output of emerge --info also attached.
- Have you recompiled emacspeak after upgrading emacs (e.g., using emacs-updater)?
- Does the live version (emacspeak-9999) work?
Created attachment 477494 [details]
build.log, output of emerge --info and emerge -pqv for failure emerge emacspeak-9999
No, I did not.
Emerging emacs-updater was OK.
Running emacs-updater failed first time due to problems in remerging emacs-w3m; after unmerging emacs-w3m emacs-updater succeeded.
opening emacs-25.2 still results in the same error while loading emacspeak.
After unmerging emacspeak-39.0-r2, merging emacspeak-9999 failed with following error:
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat 'etc/FAQ': No such file or directory
!!! dodoc: etc/FAQ does not exist
full build.log, emerge --info and emerge -pqv follows in attachment emacspeak-9999.tar.gz